Question
Can't wake up laptop - HP Pavilion dv6000
Replies (53)

Student
sscutesonurahul
Message 31 of 54 (18,410 Views)

Re: Replaced Motherboard

Just update the BIOS version of your laptop .... just visit HP website and download the BIOS update

Tutor
HP_Michael
Message 32 of 54 (18,402 Views)

Hi,

Try and perform a Hard Reset onto your laptop.

Performing Hard Reset

1.  Turn off PC

2.  Unplug both battery and ac adapter

3.  Hold Down on the power button for 30 seconds

4.  Plug everything back in and turn it on.

When you are back at your desktop screen, change the sleep mode and display settings to 1 minute to see if you can wake it back up.

If not, then load into your BIOS by pressing F10 during boot up.  Once in BIOS, press the F9 key and select "load defaults".  Once you load defaults, press to F10 key again to save changes and exit.  After that, search the hp website using your product # on your laptop to see if there are any BIOS updated for your product.

I work for HP
Student
Cgarns
Message 33 of 54 (18,244 Views)

Re: Can't wake up laptop - HP Pavilion dv6000

Hey Juan,

i was having the same problem as you. but i think i might have found a way to fix it.

what i did was i went to my battery at the bottom right and i clicked on it. highlighted in blue it says Adjust Screen Brightness or More power options. Click Adjust screen brightness and a window will come up. On the left colomn of that window you will have choices such as Control panel home, Require a password on wakeup, etc. Amongst those choices click, " Choose what closing the lid does."  it then says,

When i press the power button:

and

When i close the lid:  (for this choose the "do nothing" option for both on battery and on charger

then after apply and save the changes made and when you close the laptop it wont hibernate

Honor Student
mariadk1975
Message 34 of 54 (18,189 Views)

HP_Michael -

Thanks a million, the hard reset worked for me! You just earned yourself a kudos!

- Maria

HP_Michael wrote:

Hi,

Try and perform a Hard Reset onto your laptop.

Performing Hard Reset

1.  Turn off PC

2.  Unplug both battery and ac adapter

3.  Hold Down on the power button for 30 seconds

4.  Plug everything back in and turn it on.

When you are back at your desktop screen, change the sleep mode and display settings to 1 minute to see if you can wake it back up.

If not, then load into your BIOS by pressing F10 during boot up.  Once in BIOS, press the F9 key and select "load defaults".  Once you load defaults, press to F10 key again to save changes and exit.  After that, search the hp website using your product # on your laptop to see if there are any BIOS updated for your product.

Honor Student
leanae
Message 35 of 54 (18,150 Views)

I also had trouble vir laptop not coming out of Sleep mode. After a while I noticed that the problem arose everytime that I moved my USB connected mouse to try and wake it up! When I just press the Power button FIRST it doesn't give the same problem.

I have read somewhere in one of these posts or other forum that USB connected devices can interfere with the wake up.

Anyway, I don't have the problem anymore.

Student
Monlar
Message 36 of 54 (18,024 Views)

Re: Dead pavillion

My hp pavillion 6503 wont wake up at all. All the leds light up for a split second when I push the power button, and it seems like its about to start, but then nothing. Is this a common problem?
I tried the hard reset as well. Nothing.
Student
kevinellis1972
Message 37 of 54 (17,895 Views)

Re: Dead pavillion

My HP Elitebook 8760w (win 7 x64) does not wake up after hibernating as well. the only thing to get it running agai is to hold the power button for 5secs. While booting up i just selct the option to start windown normally.

My solution is to set the PC to never hibernate or sleep. I will try resolving the correct way following the advise of the topic.

Tutor
JadeH1
Message 38 of 54 (17,888 Views)

My laptop has a similar kind of problem.

I have a HP Pavilion dm3.

If I close the lid, when I open it again everything switches on (you can hear the fans and everything working) but the screen remains black. I have to hold the reset button down to restart it but it means everything I was working on shuts down as well.

It's annoying because it doesnt happen every time!

Student
trvlingteach
Message 39 of 54 (16,581 Views)

same, but the screen is just very dark.  I can see my desktop vaguely but it is impossible to brighten it.  The only solution seems to be a hard boot.  Annoying!

Student
nagy_elmounged
Message 40 of 54 (16,057 Views)

hello

the same problem with my  laptop pavilion g6  it went into sleep mode and would not wake up. 
Had to remove battery and power cord to get to reboot. 

ok it work but this steps only make restart  but didn't solve the problem

after doing the above and laptob go to sleep  doing the same steps every time 

Tried everything on WEB suggested to repair

so this is not a solution 

advice to do the next

update to the System BIOS. The update installs on supported notebook models using a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System. A reboot is required to complete the installation

1- go  HP Customer Care

2- Locate your product to get support

3-Software & Driver Downloads

------------------------------

if the laptop pavilion g6?

the bios file update is 

File name:

the path to dowload 

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation