Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I recently purchased a HP Chromebook 14 (model 14-q003sa) for my wife, all has been working fine until today when it just shut down. My wife had meant to put it on charge but hadn't, so she wasn't sure if this was why it shut down. But the Chromebook has now been on charge for 30+ minutes and the Chromebook so won't start up!

Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi Willmoac:

Welcome to the HP forum!

Thank you for post. I am happy to be of assistance!

I understand that your Chromebook will not start up. Here is a link to Chromebook Does Not Start (Chrome OS), that I think will help. Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hey Sparkles1,

Thanks for that, I had managed to get it working prior to your response.

It seems that what had happened was the Chromebook had actually booted up but the display was as if it was asleep. I pressed & held the power button to force a reboot. Resolved!

Cheers,

Tony

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  Battery on my HP Chromebook 14 ran down and the machine shut off.   Placed it on the charger, but the battery won't take a charge at all.   It has been on the charger for 48 hour and the battery only registers 5% charge.   The machine will turn on if the AC charger in plugged in, but if you unplug it the machine will immediately shut off.  

My HP Chromebook 14 is only 5 months old.  It was working fine until this issue appeared 2 days ago.  No external devices are hooked up to it.

Any help/tips are appreciated.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

This is the exact same thing that happened to me^^^!! I bought my HP 14 Chromebook in January and yesterday, 4/28/14 I accidentally let the battery die and it shutoff. But now, the laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged into its designated charger, and if I unplug the charger the laptop shuts off. My guess is that the computer is not recognizing that the battery has power and shuts off accordingly. I've troubleshooted many things on this site and nothing has worked. So Any help would be much appreciated!!

-Ryan

HP Recommended

I contacted HP Support and depite a bunch of troubleshooting, the problem persisted.   I had to send my Chromebook back to HP for warranty repair/replacement.   I recommend contacting HP Support for some guidance - they were really helpful and good to work with.    When we determined that warranty work was needed, they sent me all the materials to FedEx the Chromebook to the repair center.    Dropped off at FedEx on 4/26.   I will update when I get it back.

HP Recommended
Hi, I got a hp chromebook 14 last month. This week, it won't turn on or charge. When I try to charge it, the charge light won't even turn on at all. Can someone pls help ? I can't even return it cos I got it from eBay.
HP Recommended

Hi,

My Chromebook 14-q010nr is not turning on at all. When plugged in no lights come on. The computer is only a few months old and there is nothing outwardly wrong with the charger. The link you supplied instructs me to try taking the battery out but the battery is not removable on this model. Please help. Many files on there I need to access. 

HP Recommended

I had the exact same problem.   It required a battery replacement, which can only be done by HP Service, unfortunately since the battery is not accessible easily.   Contact HP support either via phone or online chat and they will work to verify the issue and will open a Warranty Repair number for you.   They will send you a pre-paid box for you to use to send your Chromebook in for work via Fedex.   Turnaround on my machine was less than 1 week.

My machine works fine now.

Hope this helps and good luck!

HP Recommended
Is it supse to turn on when u open it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.