Question

Honor Student
wrsborie
Message 1 of 6 (2,774 Views)

Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX Notebook PC won't power up

Back on August 21 I called  Laptop Support and after about an hour on the phone the tech resolved a problem that my labtop was having.... it would not power up.

For a few days the problem that I had called Laptop Support appeared to be resolved. But in the last 7 days the problem has reappeared and is now worse than when I called Laptop Support.

Basically the laptop will not always power up when I pust power button. In fact now it has been 3 days since I could power it up. I have tried many times each day but nothing happen.

Since the last call I made to Laptop Support I could sometimes get the laptop to power up by following the instructions given to me by the tech. The instruction had me disconnect the power to the laptop (both the charger and battery). Then hold the power button down for about 30 seconds and then connect the charger. Now that strategy is no longer working. 

I am very disappointed with the laptop because of this problem. Luckily I have an 8 year old desktop to use in the meantime. I have never had any problem with the 8 year old desktop, but in the 3 months I have had the HP Laptop I have had this and other problems. The other biggest problem is that the laptop just shuts off by itself.

How can we resolve this problems with this troubled laptop?
Tutor
rsaleen829
Message 2 of 6 (2,281 Views)

Re: Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX Notebook PC won't power up

I've had the same issue with my Compaq. That being said HP should refund us for this pos of a so-called smart 90watt ac adapter..... I mean garbage guys refund your customers or face the reality of not having them in the future hp support.
Tutor
rsaleen829
Message 3 of 6 (2,214 Views)

Still no reply from HP support on this issue with the cq56-1156dx why? I mean seriously anything HP a simple we cant or wont help you even...This issue should be addressed today 5-15-2012. This laptop is barley a year and a half old no power no reponse with troubleshooting hp recommend. How about a recall HP? This issue will be reported to bbb and customer reports if or demands for repair are not met by said date above.Never again will we purchase anything HP or compaq.Thanks for the acknowledgment of your customers HP

Tutor
rsaleen829
Message 4 of 6 (1,873 Views)

12-17-2012 wow hp still no answer to honest customers concerns. Seem's HP doesn't worry about there customers until we speak up. I guess it's time to contact,customer reports,local BBB, and cfpb here is a link to the agency for complaints concerning hp products and or service:http://www.consumerfinance.gov/
Student
fishmands
Message 5 of 6 (1,763 Views)

Won't power up-

Same problem the unit is just over a year old  what's up

new power source & battery give me a break

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 6 of 6 (1,746 Views)

Hello fishmands,

Take a look at this document, and please let me know if the troubleshooting steps help to resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation