Question

Student
tde1975
Message 1 of 3 (1,337 Views)

DV9000 - lockup - shutdown - NVIDIA Boot Agent Error Message

Hi!

Over the last couple of days I've been having the following issue, my computer will lockup and then shut down.  When I try to turn it back on I get this error message - "NVIDIA Boot Agent 247.0541 - PXE E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable - PXE M0F exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent - Operating System Not Found".  It will eventually boot up correctly, but shortly afterwards I had the same problem.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance for your help! tracy

Student
Lisagedling
Message 2 of 3 (1,189 Views)

Re: DV9000 - lockup - shutdown - NVIDIA Boot Agent Error Message

I have the same problem, did you get a solution ?

Tutor
momswebs
Message 3 of 3 (725 Views)

Re: DV9000 - lockup - shutdown - NVIDIA Boot Agent Error Message

I have a Compaq Presario V6000 with the exact same problem that is driving me crazy. I have torn it completely apart and but back and some times it will get to the OS on the 5th or 6th try or yesterday I hit the start button and just walked away doing other things but watching for something to change from 6:30pm and it finally "caught" at 10:10pm. The wireless on the motherboard gave out exactly 2 days before the extended warranty ran out got it fixed and it "broke" 6 months later, so I use a USB wireless. For months the CD/DVD/R/W makes noise then opens whether something is in it or not. I had installed a 500GB hard drive last Christmas and it is set up to boot up first but according to the "display lights" it never gets a chance. I have tried using a CD boot but it can't see it or ignores it same for my USB Boot even tho it is set as second. At this point I am guessing I am having a intermittent motherboard issue, but I always thought the motherboard was always good or bad never flaky like this. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation