Question

Honor Student
Saner
Message 1 of 4 (580 Views)

HP DV6-2020SA Dead...

Hiya,

I have (had) a HP DV6-2020sa (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=4034132&lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&lang=en&tmp_track_link... and it was working perfectly fine, and then it died.

I shut it down one evening last week, the follo0wing morning it would not power on.

It starts for around 2 seconds the lights on the front flash and then it switches back off.

I have tried pulling the memory and replacing it, pulling the Hard Disk and wireless adapter, I have tryed it with / without the battery and swearing at it (a lot)

Does anyone have any hints as to anything else I can try, I would be lieing if I said I was not annoyed I have always bought HP since the mid 90's and usually have had a excellent service, but this thing is only just 14 months old and was not cheap when I bought it, its not been over used and its been well looked after, so I am very frustrated.

If anyone had has a smiliar experiance and has a fix please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Lee.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 4 (560 Views)

Re: HP DV6-2020SA Dead...

Hi Lee,

This is one further thing to try.

Shutdown the notebook, remove the AC Adapter and remove the battery. Now hold down the Power Button on the notebook for a full minute. Leave out the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and see if the notebook will start.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Saner
Message 3 of 4 (546 Views)

Have tried that (spent yesterday morning googling lots of things for HP notebooks)

I stripped it down last night and noticed that it had very little heatsink compound on the CPU / heat pipe, so I am going to grab some new heatsink compound later this week and rebuild it and see if that works.

I doubt it, but its worth a shot.

Unfortunatly if that fails I will just strip it and sell the parts and not buy HP again, 14 months for something that cost over £600 is stupid.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Honor Student
Saurabh2010
Message 4 of 4 (421 Views)

Even I am facing the same problem with my DV6-1211AX laptop. :smileysad: (Dead in less than 2 years.)
One thing I've learned after spending 45,000 INR is that never buy an HP product.
Infact I wont let even my freinds and relative buy any HP product.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation