HP Probook 4520s wont power up? (17286 Views)
Tutor
Joeym90
Message 1 of 11 (17,286 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Probook 4520s wont power up?

My HP probook was working fine till this morning it just turned itself off and now wont power up at all no lights etc. I then tried another battery I had and when plugged in the orange light will now show to say charging with this battery unlike my other one but still no power or anything, keep pressing and holding the power button but nothing happens? Any help on this or if its a known fault would be great?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 11 (17,281 Views)

Re: HP Probook 4520s wont power up?

[ Edited ]

Joeym90 wrote:

My HP probook was working fine till this morning it just turned itself off and now wont power up at all no lights etc. I then tried another battery I had and when plugged in the orange light will now show to say charging with this battery unlike my other one but still no power or anything, keep pressing and holding the power button but nothing happens? Any help on this or if its a known fault would be great?

try a hard reset:

Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.
press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)
press the power button

Best regards,
erico

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
Joeym90
Message 3 of 11 (17,258 Views)

Worked like a charm, something so simple but thanks for the help

Honor Student
mohammed786786
Message 4 of 11 (15,766 Views)

i was on my laptop 2 weeks ago and it just suddently turned off and was somking , it poweres up for a mere scond and shuts off

the lights come on. next morning i pluged in the ac charger and that started to smoke. i left it for 10 miniuites and then plugged it back in. the ac charger and the laptop went up in sparks. please help

Honor Student
panikos
Message 5 of 11 (15,667 Views)

i have the same problem with my 4520s. the power button light  is coming on anf off contineusly. i try your suggestion and kept it pressed for more than a minute as you explained but nothing happened. 

please help

Student
Jordan43
Message 6 of 11 (15,340 Views)

I am having the same problem.  This did not work for me.  The charging light comes on blinking yellow, then green, and then ... nothing.  I have tried it without the battery and with the battery.  Same thing.

Any other ideas?

Honor Student
panikos
Message 7 of 11 (15,332 Views)

The morherboard has been replaced and the latpot works fine. Thanks God it was under warranty.

P.

Honor Student
hppro_topanga
Message 8 of 11 (12,380 Views)

This was my situation exactly.  And Erico's solution worked for me!
Joeym90 wrote:

try a hard reset:

Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.
press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.
plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)
press the power button

Best regards,
erico

Student
Matthew93
Message 9 of 11 (8,647 Views)

My hp probook 4411s refuse to on or charge. The charger got burnt a month ago and i just got a new one and it didnt charge or on even with the battery out. Please what do i do
Honor Student
ascalise
Message 10 of 11 (7,721 Views)

I got a Windowes  blue screen and my Probook 4720s crashed, the blue screen completed the memory dump  and the laptop shut down.   Now it wont boot up. When I press the power button the Power button and the wireless key lit and flash together once every 5-6 seconds.

Any hint on how to proceed?

Regards

Armando

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation