Question
HP laptop does not wake up from the sleep mode! Urgent help needed!
Replies (32)

Top Student
user1207
Message 11 of 33 (44,640 Views)

Re: HP laptop does not wake up from the sleep mode! Urgent help needed!

I have the same problem.  I bought 2 units of HP Pavilion dm4-1265dx for our employees.  They have exactly the same problem.  Once the laptop goes on standby, put to sleep our closed, it will not resume or wake up.  The light in the power button and the HP logo at the cover will just keep on blinking but nothing happens.  I already updated all the new drivers and software from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5051... including the BIOS firmware but the problem still persist.

I hope HP can resolve this issue soon.

Honor Student
contra181
Message 12 of 33 (44,627 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same problem here. dm4-1265dx. The unit is about 6 months post purchase and this has been happening for about 3 months now. My band aid solution has been to adjust the power settings to never have the laptop go into sleep mode. Hibernation seems to work fine for the time being. It's under warranty still so I'm considering contacting HP. But I have a feeling they'll send a replacement unit with the same issue.

Top Student
user1207
Message 13 of 33 (44,542 Views)

contra181 wrote:

Same problem here. dm4-1265dx. The unit is about 6 months post purchase and this has been happening for about 3 months now. My band aid solution has been to adjust the power settings to never have the laptop go into sleep mode. Hibernation seems to work fine for the time being. It's under warranty still so I'm considering contacting HP. But I have a feeling they'll send a replacement unit with the same issue.

I think this is the solution to the problem.  I tried it and the never had the problem for the past 5 hours. 

Here it is:

Click windows update check the optional update and check the following:

- Hewlett Packard Development Co L.P - other hardware and

- Intel Corporation - Display - intel HP Graphics.

Then click ok then install update.

I tried to put my computer to sleep and i was able to resume the operation after awhile.

If you cannot find these update try searching in microsoft website.

Goodluck!

Student
spellet1
Message 14 of 33 (44,532 Views)

Hi,

I also have a HP Pavilion dv6000 that went to sleep and won't wake up. I was using the laptop on battery when the battery ran out and the unit powered off. Now after connecting to AC and powering on all the LEDs are lit immediately but the unit won't boot up. I have performed a hard reset and get the same result, the unit powers up all the LED lights come on but it never boots. The only light not lit is the harddrive. It is as if the HD is still powered off and won't power back up. I have tried holding down the F10 button but there is no difference.

I have tried this numerous times without success.

Help!

Honor Student
bzegil
Message 15 of 33 (44,521 Views)

I posted earlier about this same problem of computer not waking up after going to sleep, well I finally got mine fixed by HP, I do not know exactly what they did but it is now working as it should. Since it was still under warranty I was able to send it in, had to spend about 4 hours on the phone with Tech support before they gave the authorization for return. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful to those of you who are still having the problem, only notes on the paperwork that came with the repaired laptop was "repair complete".
Honor Student
contra181
Message 16 of 33 (44,515 Views)

[ Edited ]

user1207 wrote:

contra181 wrote:

I think this is the solution to the problem.  I tried it and the never had the problem for the past 5 hours. 

Here it is:

I tried to put my computer to sleep and i was able to resume the operation after awhile.

Goodluck!

You might be onto something there. I've reinstated standby and, so far, the problem has not reoccurred. I'll be sure to complain the moment it does, but otherwise, thanks so much!

Top Student
user1207
Message 17 of 33 (44,491 Views)

I think this is the solution to the problem. I tried it and the never had the problem for the past 3 days.

Here it is:

Goodluck!

Honor Student
goyalabhinav
Message 18 of 33 (43,151 Views)

Solution for hp laptop not waking up from sleep
Since last year I was having problem with HP laptop dm4t. My computer was intermittently not resuming from sleep. After opening the lid, power button led and wireless button led used to blink but computer did not wake up. I had to remove battery and then restart to recover.
I traced down this problem to the intel hd driver version 8.771.1.0 (or any version higher than 8.741.1.1) . You can see if you have this installed by going to Control Panel-->System-->Device Manager-->Display Adapters-->Intel HD Graphics and then clicking on Driver tab. This driver needs to be downgraded to the version (8.741.1.1). Only way to do this correctly is to uninstall both (a) ATI Mobility Radeon (b) Intel HD Graphics by right clicking on their names in the device manager.

After doing this you should see these two disappear from device manager. Then restart your computer. After reboot, windows will automatically install the driver for you. But ATI Catalyst control panel will not be installed automatically. To do that go tosupport.hp.com and then get the following AMD driver version by selecting your model, operating system and then 'software and driver downloads'. Select 'Driver-Graphics'-->'AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver' 
Version:8.741.1.1
After installing reboot this once more.
Then, again go to the device manager and check the driver version, it should show 8.741.1.1. This is it, never upgrade again!

Tutor
neyutithe
Message 19 of 33 (34,962 Views)

the motherboard i have the same issued hp dm4 i spoke to the hp and they charge $350 to fixed but if people start compleinning can be considered like manufacture issued and they have to fixed for free i look in tje internet and a lot people have the same problem wt this model ..... This is the numeber i call 1800-474-6836 make sure talk to the manager and make the report...
Top Student
MZWebb
Message 20 of 33 (22,944 Views)

For all of you having the same problem I did with your Pavilion laptop not coming out of sleep mode, I want to share this.  I had a persistent guy work on my g6 2011 model that runs Windows7 and he enabled/installed something called "Hybrid Sleep Mode"....as opposed to normal sleep mode, I guess.  It seems to have done the trick (as I type with my toes crossed).  For two days now, it's gone to sleep and then started righ up with no problems - just like the old days!  I had been at a point where I was doing a system restore in safe mode several times a day before that.  He was stumped by the situation - ready to call it simply a hardware flaw - but this tweak was a suggestion he found while doing some online research.   I don't know any more than that, as in, how he did it,  how he got it,  where he got it.....don't ask me any details, since computers and I don't speak the same language.  For those of you more tech savvy than me, this may make perfect sense and may help you too.  Good luck!  (If you're in Nashville, TN, take it straight to Josh at Advanced Computer Recycling!)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation