Question

Honor Student
TT4ME2
Message 1 of 10 (15,739 Views)

Keyboard problems with my HP Mini 110-1025TU

I have serious keyboard problems with my HP Mini 110-1025TU keyboard that had gone crazy today!

1) The left SHlFT key does not work anymore and

2) The 4 keys starting with m to the left to the right SHIFT key goes bonkers when l type any of it (m , . or / ) - it automATICALLY LOCKS THE SHIFT AND TYPES ALL IN CAPS LIKE NOW WHEN I TYPED M IN automAT....

Then all the keys get 'locked' with the upper options like !@# instead of 123 in non-CAPS OPTION.

The only way to undo it is to use the on-screen keyboard to undo the SHIFT lock!

l have tried remOVING battery, upgrading BIOS, pressing both SHIFT keys for 10 secs, etc but nothing works - do l need to change the keyboard then?????

Thanks - have spent the whole Saturday trying to solve this but failed big timE!

Honor Student
sabar77
Message 2 of 10 (15,693 Views)

Re: Keyboard problems with my HP Mini 110-1025TU

i have same problem. i replaced the keyboard month ago. but its happen again. i really disappointed with HP.

Tutor
Jiashree
Message 3 of 10 (15,688 Views)

Hi,

Keyboards form part of the computer user interface and a keyboard problem can be very annoying. I Completely understand the situation. Please try the below mentioned steps.

1. Check if the keyboard works fine in safe mode.
2. if the issue started few days back, try performing system restore to earlier dates to see that fixes the problem.
3. Sometimes the keyboard drivers can get corrupted. You need to uninstall the keyboard drivers from the device manager. and allow the computer to reinstall itself.

4. Use any antivirus protection  software like norton or mcafee - run a  computer antivirus scan since virus/spyware can corrupt  system files.

Hope this helps..Good Luck

Though I work for HP, the ideas or opinions expressed here are mine and not of HP.
Honor Student
TT4ME2
Message 4 of 10 (15,647 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions.

l had intentonally stopped using my netbook for 4 days since 28 Sep and just switched on today and guess what? Everything seems to be back to normal as you can tell from the way l am typing this message! :smileyvery-happy:

The only key that is not working is the the Left Shift key that appears to be totally dead... not sure how long this will last and will try all the recommendations you suggested - much appreciated!

FYI, I had tried deleting the KB driver before and had the system reinstall but to no avail.. will try the other options...

For now, l am happy and will see how long my good luck last!

Kir Student
Student
Kir
Message 5 of 10 (15,129 Views)

Hope your luck goes on... my mini keyboard was glitching off and on for a while. First the basic restart would help. now... looks like nothing helps. A few random keys are frozen and it makes absolutely impossible to use computer.

Honor Student
MakeMineiPad
Message 6 of 10 (15,053 Views)

I've had the same problems with the keyboard.  JUST after the warranty expired.  Thank you HP for making me an iPad customer!

Honor Student
mien2
Message 7 of 10 (14,659 Views)

I am having the same problem too. have sent it to HP for service, but the problem is still not resolved.  And I thought HP was a good and trusted brand. :smileysad:

Top Student
sandugo
Message 8 of 10 (14,138 Views)

This works for me! =)

under control panel, try going to clock,language and region. Double check if you have appropriate settings, then go to Format tab and select English (united states) then under keyboard and languages tab select English (united states)- US.

Then under mouse properties go to Device Settings tab, if your using Synaptics then click its setting then go to Tapping, I just uncheck enable tapping to minimize quick touching and unecessary movement of mouse due to slight touch of pad.

Student
LuxKlo
Message 9 of 10 (9,724 Views)

Disabling the mousepad did it for me.

No more keyboard problems!

This sure is a GOLDEN tip, thanks!

Student
tulote
Message 10 of 10 (8,771 Views)

how do we make it to safemood !!!! my keyboards is so terrible atm...my letter t,u, and the tab aint working... hope i get some help asap

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation