Question

Tutor
tim_b
Message 1 of 3 (697 Views)

New HP Elitebook 8760w shuts down at variable moments

Hey there,

1 week ago, I've bought my new pc ( HP Elitebook 8760w, LG670EA#UUG, with Windows 7 64-bit) because I need it for my studies. And after a couple of days my pc started with restarting by himself, but not immediatly after starting up my pc, just at variable moments. Well yesterday it happend 4-5 times in one day and I became sick of it so I went to the internet and found this solution (http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSe...), but when I follow the steps and start HP Support Assistant, it says there is no update avaible, so I think BIOS isn't the problem. (note: in HP Support Assistant, next to the HP Total Care-logo it says "An error has occurred")

What can I do instead of updating BIOS? Or can someone help me?

Tutor
tim_b
Message 2 of 3 (679 Views)

Re: New HP Elitebook 8760w shuts down at variable moments

can someone help me please? 

Top Student
chouse
Message 3 of 3 (511 Views)

Re: New HP Elitebook 8760w shuts down at variable moments

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have an 8760w that's been doing the same thing. Swapped all the parts, even a new unit entirely, and finally reinstalled windows last week. Waiting to see if it continues to happen. The only evidence that it has happened is an entry in the event log - "the shutdown at date/time was unexpected". No BSoD or STOP error code in the event log or on the screen. Laptop just powers off, and then boots back up again as if nothing happened.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation