Question

Honor Student
pandamon
Message 1 of 14 (12,705 Views)
Accepted Solution

Please help. My HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (laptop) won't boot up.

[ Edited ]

It was working perfectly fine the night before. 

But when I pressed the 'turn on' button on this morning, nothing happened to it. 

Problems I've noticed recently with my laptop: 

- Whenever I tried to open 2 pdf's at the same time, my laptop would lag and the screen would blank out and the graphics would go all fuzzy and static-like. 

- It makes funny high frequency noises when it's on.

- It has a really short battery life, it goes to 80% to 40% battery life in a time span of around 15 minutes.

I really want my laptop back, it holds a lot of important memories and files. 

Note: I am not that savvy with technology, so please keep your advice simple! Thanks! 

Thanks for your help :smileyhappy: 

- Pandamon. 

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 14 (12,697 Views)

Re: Please help. My HP Pavilion Entertainment PC (laptop) won't boot up.

Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds); (if the computer doesn't power on, move to the next step)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
Honor Student
pandamon
Message 3 of 14 (12,687 Views)

Thankyou! it worked like a treat!

But could I ask you why my laptop is doing this? And how I should prevent this problem from happening again?

- Pandamon. 

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 4 of 14 (12,660 Views)

It just happens sometimes with electronics. I'd recommend making sure you have the latest BIOS installed (can be download from your product's support page). If it happens again, just complete the same process.
Student
Brokeit
Message 5 of 14 (11,768 Views)

Have the same problem.  Have removed battery and all attachments and reattached them.  Still won't start up.

Tutor
Medstudent
Message 6 of 14 (11,767 Views)

Similar problem in post: Intermittent black screen on boot.

Student
mariadvr
Message 7 of 14 (11,228 Views)

I have been having the same problem in the last 3 days. I have the laptop HP Pavilion dv6-1210sv for almost 3 years now and suddenly 3 days ago I turned my laptop on and saw a black screen with a message showing initially a low battery warning and then a hard drive error. Now all  I can see when turning on the laptop is just a plain blue screen and a message "welcome to the recovery manager". I am not sure if I need to do system recovery, how to do this and what data will be lost. I am not savvy with computers either.

I t is quite disappointed though that I have just called the hp support number for UK (which includes Pavilion support as well - 0844 369 0369) and although the support line is supposed to be open by 4m UK time on Saturdays, I was told that as my laptop is out of warranty I need to call on Monday again so they can let me know what wiill be the charge for the support service and then to talk to the technician. I have reviosuly called hp for another issue with the aptop (around 1 year ago) and they provided support on the phone on Saturday although I was not in-warranty. Are there any suggestions of how I can sort this out?Thanks in advance.

Top Student
donnawm1
Message 8 of 14 (9,836 Views)

Did not do a thing for my Pavilion dv6---no blinking light or anything. I'm very frustrated! Please help!
Top Student
donnawm1
Message 9 of 14 (9,836 Views)

I tried all your suggestions-still NOTHING. what next?

Honor Student
boffintech
Message 10 of 14 (5,259 Views)

i have hp pavilion tx 2000 while using it, it automatically hibenate itself cos the battery is low then i put on generator and connect the system to the power souce and put on the system but refuse to come on again but all the led light are on and the num lock led is blinking
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation