Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a customer with this issue, his machine has been in my shop several times over the past few weeks as we've tried nearly everything to fix it; everything in this thread and other threads. Unfortunetly, due to his work applications, the customer was unable to stay on IE9 and required IE11, even Chrome, Firefox and other browsers would not work for his applications.

Today I came across an article about the Hybrid Graphics in this model laptop. I found a setting in the BIOS to change the graphics from Dynamic to Fixed, once I made this change the issue appears to have been resolved. After a few hours of using IE11 I have not had the BSOD.

I'll continue testing the solution but as of now this looks to be the fix for me.

UPDATE: After almost a full day of testing and verifying, this solution has proved to be the fix in this situation.

HP Recommended

Giving a solution to this extremely frustrating problem without providing any links or 'how to' information does not help anyone.

Perhaps, you could kindly try to furnish us all, the sufferers of this handicap, with a link to your reference article about the Hybrid Graphics, and also some additional information / guidance about your mentioned settings change in the BIOS from Dynamic to Fixed to resolve this matter? 

HP Recommended

I was continually reloading windows starting my dv7 from box over and aver again.  Finally i removed update KB2670838 thanks to other users.  Blue screen of Death (BOD) symptons disappeared. One day out of no where it happened again, I quickly looked into my updates and found it reinstalled.  I removed it and am living happily ever after.   However I don't or does anyone know of a way to block it permanently ?   I have asked that all updates must get my approval first it somehow slipped back in 

HP Recommended

If you can find the update in the list of updates you want to install, you can right click and choose Hide Update.

HP Recommended

i am facing this problem from past few days, i noticed after installing norton 360, my computer started having this problem. can you solve this issue so i can reinstall the software. 

rgds petter

HP Recommended

I find it amazing that after two years the issue hasn't been resolved.

I just upgraded to an SSD to speed this old thing up, and two dfays after updates were in stalled, that installing the free Nortson Security Suite from Comcast and now I get constant bdods.  For two days it was fine and all updates were installed.  Nortons gets installed and BAM!  

I'm not conviced this is anything but Nortons fault.  I keep seeing others saying it too and it is just too coincidental.  

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay. Are you still facing BSOD with Norton installed? We would like to investigate this further.

Harry

Norton Support

HP Recommended
We share these sentiments exactly! Having also purchased an expensive laptop from HP which is keep stopping with a Blue Screen of Death (igdpm64.sys) and having tried everything suggested here, plus everywhere else, we are left with a massive inconvenience... HP seems to be just passing the buck, never again!!!
HP Recommended

I have a HP a dv6-6193ss have the bios F.1B is September 2011.
HP 6770M i7-2630QM /8Gb/640Gb/Usb3.0/HD
and have factory refurbished des of the recovery partition:
Factory system recovery
http://i.imgur.com/D7rci0c.jpg
and almost without installing anything using the Internet Explorer after it was installed yesterday 180 updates ... I have jumped two blue screens citing serious mistake igdpmd64.sys
The solution to this error is this, delete the KB2670838 update of your system.
It's weird because ever had restored the system to the factory or using the minimized image and had never had this problem ...
You can see in the image (this in Spanish) can restore normal factory or minimized (minimum drivers and software).
This pc, the fan is failing me gives me error 90B and  I don't know if may be related. Perhaps the Norton antivirus as a user say?
http://h30467.www3.hp.com/t5/Hardware-para-notebooks/El-ventilador-empezo-a-hacer-ruido-raros-y-se-p...
Thanks

HP Recommended
I would love to uninstall this Windows component, but I am getting the blue screen when I power on and startup my computer. When I press ESC to go to the startup menu and then choose system recovery, this ends up at a blue screen also. I did manage to run some diagnostic scans, and got a failure on Hard Disk 1, failure ID GLGKXV-67C7MR-QFPK1G-60QR03- what do I do from here? I'm so frustrated!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.