hard disk error code 3F0 (15647 Views)
Honor Student
diablo09
Message 1 of 7 (15,647 Views)

hard disk error code 3F0

[ Edited ]

I was working on my system, when it gave me a BSOD (for the first time ever in months), and on reboot it started showing this 3F0 error saying boot device not found. BIOS does not recognize the hard disk any more!!! Hard disk is exactly 1 year 1 month old (got as replacement from HP since the old one developed bad sectors within 6 months).

Mine is a DV7-2185DX laptop. 6 GB RAM. Quad Core.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 7 (15,634 Views)

Re: hard disk error code 3F0

Hi,

It certainly looks like another HDD failure.  The only things I can suggest trying before replacing the drive is:

1.  Shutdown the notebook, remove the AC Adapter and remove the battery.  Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and see if it will start.

2.  Shutdown the notebook, remove the AC Adapter and remove the battery.  Hold down the power button for 30 seconds.  Now physically remove the HDD and then reinstall it again to see if this helps.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
diablo09
Message 3 of 7 (15,631 Views)

Thanks for replying. I will try it out when home. Hope it helps! Can't lose data :-(

Honor Student
diablo09
Message 4 of 7 (15,607 Views)

Nope sir. Didn't help. Went to BB and got a replacement hard disk, and opted for data retrieval from the failed one.

But, none the less, thanks for trying to help me out :smileyhappy:

Provost
DavidPK
Message 5 of 7 (15,599 Views)

Hi,

Good to hear you've got it sorted out :smileyhappy:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
saaan
Message 6 of 7 (9,018 Views)

hi there. i'm using hp note book 630. just after replacement of my hard drive.It started reacting very strangely manner.First of all it become very slow.It can not re starts.Eventualy it shows no hard disk exists. some times it shows realtech media faliour.please check the cable.No bootable device found.At the time of working it hangs randomly and some times it shows a blue screen of dead Showing KERNEL-DATA-INPAGE-ERROR,with some error code like oxc000009c etc. bios memory test passes every time.. can you please tell me where is the problem.

Thank you

Student
TrungHuynh
Message 7 of 7 (6,089 Views)

thanks You.!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation