Question

Student
sakis76
Message 1 of 2 (1,120 Views)

monitor doesn't turn on after sleep mode

HP G62-b10SV Notebook PC

Windows 7

My notebook is a year old and from the first day i use the sleep mode most of times.At many times(often but not all the times)i open the top to turn it on ,the monitor still stay off and i can't turn it on or off.after that i have to take the battery off and then on to turn on the PC...That happens some times and i can't find any other solution to my problem.if somebody know how and what...please imform me...thanks a lot

Master's Graduate
SSDdrive
Message 2 of 2 (1,105 Views)

Re: monitor doesn't turn on after sleep mode

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Sounds like a minor but somewhat irritating issue.  :smileysad: One of mine w i7 and 8gig mem used to do this because I had too many background programs running, 'who knew?' then I took some advice and shut some down. :smileyhappy: So, first off, what programs are you running when the laptop initializes sleep? Also, how often is sleep engaged on the laptop? Is it constantly engaged when not in use--Set to sleep? Or does the laptop get turned off? Here is a link to problem solving for your model laptop:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&pro... 

'I am a :smileyhappy: volunteer!

ED:What are the laptop's specs?

If it were a rattler. . . .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation