Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,298 Views)

monitor doesn't turn on after sleep mode

HP G62-b10SV Notebook PC

Windows 7

My notebook is a year old and from the first day i use the sleep mode most of times.At many times(often but not all the times)i open the top to turn it on ,the monitor still stay off and i can't turn it on or off.after that i have to take the battery off and then on to turn on the PC...That happens some times and i can't find any other solution to my problem.if somebody know how and what...please imform me...thanks a lot

Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 2 (1,283 Views)

Re: monitor doesn't turn on after sleep mode

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Sounds like a minor but somewhat irritating issue.  Smiley Sad One of mine w i7 and 8gig mem used to do this because I had too many background programs running, 'who knew?' then I took some advice and shut some down. Smiley Happy So, first off, what programs are you running when the laptop initializes sleep? Also, how often is sleep engaged on the laptop? Is it constantly engaged when not in use--Set to sleep? Or does the laptop get turned off? Here is a link to problem solving for your model laptop:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&pro... 

'I am a :smileyhappy: volunteer!

ED:What are the laptop's specs?

If it were a rattler. . . .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation