Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 2000-2B19WM
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Where can I find the recovery disc for this laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can order it by going to the support page for your notebook, select the Drivers section, then select the W8 operating system and the link to order recovery disks will be the last item on the webpage.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-2000-2b00-Notebook-PC-series/5296210/model/5360117

But there is a problem right now...

All of the drivers, specs and manuals are missing from the support pages again.

This happened earlier in the week too.

Another forum member has reported the issue to the forum administrators, who will in turn contact HP, but since I am not employed by, nor do I represent HP, I have no idea how long it will take them to restore the missing data to the support pages.

It being the weekend isn't going to help much either.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can order it by going to the support page for your notebook, select the Drivers section, then select the W8 operating system and the link to order recovery disks will be the last item on the webpage.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-2000-2b00-Notebook-PC-series/5296210/model/5360117

But there is a problem right now...

All of the drivers, specs and manuals are missing from the support pages again.

This happened earlier in the week too.

Another forum member has reported the issue to the forum administrators, who will in turn contact HP, but since I am not employed by, nor do I represent HP, I have no idea how long it will take them to restore the missing data to the support pages.

It being the weekend isn't going to help much either.

HP Recommended

Order the Recovery media and was charged twice for it.  Tried the live chat and was sent to 3 different people before given a number that then transfered me to 4 different people all claming they can't find my order or I have the wrong department. 

Tried the number that is in the email from when I ordered and it says I have to pay for support.

Is this how HP normally treats their customers?

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.