Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Since the last update I get this error when I start up

AccelerometerSt.exe - System Error
VCRUNTIME140.dll

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78001-78500/sp78033.exe

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

This work perfect   Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

As an (I hope helpful) fyi- I had the exact problem as a result of Win10 major upgrade.  I took the exact steps you suggest here, except I got my 3d app for reinstall from HP site at my specific section for my laptop- 'avaiable upgrades'.  The steps you outline, using this downloaded app DOES NOT WORK.  Then the community member trying to help me, referred me to your suggestion.   So I again followed the steps, but after uninstalling the erroneous app, I allowed it to restart as requested.  Then I emtied temp files.  Then I SHUT DOWN.  I restarted, downloaded the app using YOUR link.  Installed. IT WORKED.  Then I noticed that the two .exe files  that were downloaded (my first one that did not work and yours that did), while named the same, were two different sizes.  So HP, on my site for upgrades, has a faulty download.

I thought this info might be helpful to you as you advise others.  I think you will get more of these problem reports as a result of that upgrade.

Thank you so much for leading me to the  correct app!

Pat

HP Recommended

I updated Windows 10 today, per the HP flash message, and I subsequently received the error code - VCRUNTIME140.DLL not found. I googled the error message, and found this site.  I followed your instructions, and the issue appears to be fixed.  I did restart the PC, and the error code did not reappear.  Thanks for making miracles happen.

HP Recommended

Thanks. The fix worked for me

HP Recommended

This solution worked perfectly for me.  It's worth noting that Accelerometer.exe is important as it will immediately park the hard drive head if the notebook/laptop is dropped or bumped, thus preventing an all too possible head crash.

HP Recommended
Thanku so much sir...
HP Recommended

Thank you DavePK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.