Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Recently, while I did the creators update for windows manually, there was an "AccelerometerSt.exe"  error. But it showed only once. Should I do something? By the way, I have an issue now that Intel WLAN Driver for MS Win10 failed to install several times.

best regards

alex

HP Recommended

Can anyone reply to me?

HP Recommended

Hi! @becool773, Welcome to HP forums! 

I understand you are getting AccelerometerSt.exe error on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

This issue can be caused due to third-party application conflict on your PC.

There will be no harm to your PC. However, you will keep getting the error on your PC unless you try the steps recommended below.

Download the latest supported Visual C++ from this link and install it on your PC and check if you get the error.

Also, try updating the drivers from support assist and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to use HP support assistant.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.  You have solved my issue.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your web page & assistance in correcting my problem which occured after my latest Windows 10 update.

HP Recommended

thank you

HP Recommended

Seems to have worked perfectly. Removing the program cured the warning. Reinstalling it hasnt had any affect. 

HP Recommended

Hi,  thx "Ohluckyme"  - your suggestion worked for me but only after doing a "temp" clear out between doing the Uninstall and Install as suggested by "plynch".

Also, this only succeeded once I also did a "restart" between each step. 

So uninstall; restart; clearout "temp"; restart; and finally install.

Thank you both for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi DavidPK,

I'm having the same problem, and before I follow your instructions, I wanted to ask for clarification on one of the steps.  Is it okay to download the file first as long as you wait to run the installation until after completing the 3D Driveguard Uninstall and restart (or will having this file already on your computer cause problems somehow)?

Thanks in advance,
DF

HP Recommended

In my 2nd last attempt, I had it downloaded before Uninstall and I don't know what the problem was but it just didn't work.

So the last (& successful) attempt was to delete it from the download folder, restart and download a fresh copy when I was ready to install.

May have been an overkill but it worked - I had 4 failed attempts with various permutations before this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.