Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Model15-1387wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So just bought the laptop and I find this just wondering what I I should do I get this code after three failed attempts to log in 23768B12 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Reboot the PC and enter the following code:  32640034

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

This is what came up next ED4F885D

HP Recommended

OK, try this one:  23580290

From another Expert:

Steps to be followed:

1. Use the unlock code posted above to enter the BIOS
  2. Disable all passwords that are enabled
  3. If asked for current password - type the unlock code
  4. For new password, just press ENTER key
  5. Repeat the same for verify password column.
  6. Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

What  is bios sorry not that great with computers 

HP Recommended

@Mrsilva   and   @WyreNut

Sorry but we do not have a pass code generator for HEX codes yet.

You will need to contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html

When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request.

REO

HP Recommended
Hp can't fix this the don't even know what I'm talking about
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.