Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-w001no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI! Why is the anniversary update not clearly stated as supported for the brand new HP Spectre x360 13-w001no? Has anyone forced the update with a satisfactory result?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

AS we have properly understood your issue you are facing issue in the Anniversary update for HP Spectre x360 13-w001no please follow these steps and let  us know once you are done:

New BIOS update for my Kaby Lake Spectre today!. During the installation wizard, I note the option to allow for the creation of a BIOS recovery partition of approximately 8gb. I selected yes for this. After sucessful BIOS update, I open Disk Management and I gained yet another 8gb RAW partition (now I have three). I realize a few things: The BIOS update Wizard is creating the aforementioned RAW partitions, and (sigh) does not remove them after a sucessful update. Maybe the idea is to keep the BIOS recovery partition (it's not named as such, BTW) around in case the sucessful BIOS update results in a malfunctioning computer. In any event, each of the three (two created by earlier BIOS updates, I expect) is to the "right" of my C volume in Disk Management. So, starting with the first RAW partition to the immediate right of C volume, I delete the RAW partition and then extend C volume to the now unallocated page. Repeated for the remaining two RAW partitions. So far, so good. And I recovered 24gb of SSD storage.

Nitin

HP Recommended

Have you tried it?

Did you get an error message when you tried to update it?

I am waiting for my 2017 product loan Spectre 13t to arrive, so I am curious.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

No, haven't tried. I'm reluctant since if it fails and the notebook isn't "supported" you're on your own.

HP Recommended

As long as you have

a)  used the HP recovery media creator and have a USB recovery  flashdrive

b)  cloned the disk to an external storage device (i.e. USB hard disk or a NAS)

Where is the risk?  I mitigate it.

When updates fail on mine, no worries.

I  just boot to the USB flash drive and use system restore to roll back to the checkpoint created before the update took place.

I could always use one of the clones I have of my system disk. I use Paragon Drive Copy 15.

I always have a plan B or even a plan C to fall back to.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.