Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6 2320tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I'm using a hp g6 2320tx notebook. I am experiencing slow performance for some time now, 2-3 years from now. I wasn't much concerned as this isn't my primary laptop. Now I would like to work on this one. 🙂

1) I searched to update my bios and hp doesnt support mine so i cant find one. the bios version on mine is F.22 INSYDE 11/12/2012. on searching on the web i found that there is an F.26 available, 

2) my disk is at 100%. Tried disk cleanup, etc. still it goes upto 100% at times and comes back to minimal at times. 

3) I would like to upgrade my RAM. as i looked through other documents 8 gb is the max. however, when i run hp os check it's telling that 16 gb is the max. Also, Will upgrading ram make this situation solvable in any way. 

4) The cooling fan is emitting so much heat as if it could burn something if kept for a long time. Also, this happens only at times but is often. 

Please let me know the solutions. Aslo, any good upgrading tips, if any, is appreciated. 

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JosephJG

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Upgrading the Ram alone will not help since the Hard drive is 100 % full. Also since it's an older model there is no new BIOS released.

Moreover if the Fan is faulty it will cause overheating issues which will make the slow performance worst

Since this is an older Model I would not recommend you go for any upgrades since it will be better in the long run to just purchase a new Notebook which will also be more cost effective

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @krazytoad

My hard disk isn't 100% full. In task zmanager it displays 100% at times which I presume to be activity time or something. 

Also, how can I know if my fan is faulty? It overheats at times often with some sounds. 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

@JosephJG

Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01657439 for overheating issues

As a last resort you could try a Reset.Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.