Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 2170p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

After formatting and installation of windows 10, there are two driver problems informed at device manager:

1. Base System Device

2. HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Network Adapter

I tried to update the drivers by searching the drivers at internet, but not succeeded.

I also checked the drivers via HP Support Assistant, but could not see.

Is there anybody who can help me?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to install the W8/W8.1 drivers...

Base System Device.

The JMicron Media Card Reader Driver enables the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63637.exe

HP hs2350 HSPA

This driver installer package contains the drivers for the Ericsson HP hs2350 Mobile Broadband module for Microsoft Windows 8. This package is available for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63292.exe

I wouldn't count on the mobile broadband adapter working on W10.

HP Recommended

Hello OnurU,

Please try these drivers : 

For :  HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Network Adapter

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_133010_1&swEnvOid=4158#tab5

For : Base System Device

http://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elitebook-2170p-notebook-pc/5245427/swI...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul.

Although a BT staff told me that I should update those drivers, as far as I understood, these are not vital at least for me, and I can continue without loading anything.

A note: My HP Support Assistant program checked the laptop and could not find anything to update.

Thank you for your clear explanations.

HP Recommended

Hi GBL84,

As I understood what they are for, I decided not to load those drivers. Please let me know if you think I should load them.

Thanks a lot for very rapid response and to-do-point content.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You may as well install the drivers, just so the ! marks go away in the device manager.

The first driver I posted will definitely install the SD card reader and the card reader will work with the W8.1 driver in W10.

The only thing I don't know is if the hs2350 HSPA Broadband wireless adapter will work with the W8 driver.

HP Recommended

The same problem.

Did you succeeded to solve it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.