Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-167c

In 2016, I bought the Envy from Costco, and it worked great. Eventually, with forced updates, the OS failed. So I reinstalled Windows 10 and the same thing happened again. Then I tried installing Windows 8.1. It did not have any problems except for graphics. There were no Windows 8.1 drivers available on the Drivers page.

Then, I reinstalled Windows 10 as an Insider, but the build expired by the time I installed it. So then, I installed Windows 7, and Windows 10 in a dual-boot system. Then in Windows 7, a program I was trying to install needed adminstrator permission and the screen flashed as usual to get into Secure Desktop. But this time, it flashed, but the screen stayed off. I tried to do a hard reset, and got into the boot menu and tried to boot Windows 7 again. But this time it showed me a blank, black screen with no cursor. I did a hard reset then got to the boot menu to try Windows 8.1. It too showed me a blank, black screen wich didn't make sense because it was working fine and it seemed like Windows 7 affected the other versions. 

After that, I reinstalled both Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 in a "triple-boot" system. Then I installed Remix OS as backup. But the same thing happened with Windows 7, (a program tried to get adminstrator permission, but the screen turned black and stayed black.) and affected Windows 8.1 and 10. (I even installed Windows 10 on a VHD to use as backup as well)

Please help me, because I've installed Windows like 8-9 times and this keeps happened. Please help me ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Stick to one OS version - Windows 8.1 is not supported on your model. Windows 10 caused you issues due to updates.

It look like Windows 7 acts best on your PC. Windows 7 is also supported.

Make sure your PC's drivers are updated to the latest versions. Visit this URL > https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646/model/852..., select Windows > Windows 7

Download/install all the necessary drivers for your model based on the specifications (your model is CTO one) and install them.

The Windows 7 blank screen issue occurs due to issues with the video card drivers . User Account Control feature does not work well in such cases. Once it is updates the issue should be solved. If this does not help, open Control Panel > User accounts > change User account control level

Set the level to either 4 - disabled

or 3

Here are instructions > http://dalaris.com/user-account-control-uac-settings/

While on level 3 - UAC will still be enabled but there will be no dimming of the screen, therefore no issues.

Let me know if this works for you. Let me know if something is unclear.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Stick to one OS version - Windows 8.1 is not supported on your model. Windows 10 caused you issues due to updates.

It look like Windows 7 acts best on your PC. Windows 7 is also supported.

Make sure your PC's drivers are updated to the latest versions. Visit this URL > https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646/model/852..., select Windows > Windows 7

Download/install all the necessary drivers for your model based on the specifications (your model is CTO one) and install them.

The Windows 7 blank screen issue occurs due to issues with the video card drivers . User Account Control feature does not work well in such cases. Once it is updates the issue should be solved. If this does not help, open Control Panel > User accounts > change User account control level

Set the level to either 4 - disabled

or 3

Here are instructions > http://dalaris.com/user-account-control-uac-settings/

While on level 3 - UAC will still be enabled but there will be no dimming of the screen, therefore no issues.

Let me know if this works for you. Let me know if something is unclear.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.