Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-f1233wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I get a blank screen after logging in. It want do anything. Can you help??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

This issue might have occured due to many things including viruses/malware, recent updates, faulty software, corrupted user account profile. In order to fix it, try this:

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F11 from keyboard to open System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from recovery partition to present you with various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from.

Please, perform Windows Reset with option to keep your files and save settings.

This will "refresh" your Windows but will keep your files and certain stuff in places

Here are details:

>> http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-windows-10-a.html

Let me know if this works for you.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

This issue might have occured due to many things including viruses/malware, recent updates, faulty software, corrupted user account profile. In order to fix it, try this:

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F11 from keyboard to open System Recovery options.

The computer should boot from recovery partition to present you with various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from.

Please, perform Windows Reset with option to keep your files and save settings.

This will "refresh" your Windows but will keep your files and certain stuff in places

Here are details:

>> http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4130-reset-windows-10-a.html

Let me know if this works for you.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
Good morning. I tried your solution, to no avail. It took me to the log in screen. I entered my log in info and it is just spinning. It has been doing that for more than 10 minutes now.
HP Recommended
I finally kept working with it and got it to reboot. Thank you for all your help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.