Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (2,839 Views)

Blu Ray Dvd Player Software

I have a HP Compaq 6830s Notebook PC - running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit -- Intel Core 2 Duo T5870 2.0GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, BD-ROM, 17" WXGA+. It came with a blu ray compatible dvd player. I just installed Windows 7 and I do NOT have a media player that let's me play Blu Ray Dvds. Where can I download free software to remedy this problem?

I want the software to be free and have no idea where to go.

Thanks a lot!

Provost
Message 2 of 4 (2,811 Views)

Re: Blu Ray Dvd Player Software

jspillers33 wrote:

I have a HP Compaq 6830s Notebook PC - running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit -- Intel Core 2 Duo T5870 2.0GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HDD, BD-ROM, 17" WXGA+. It came with a blu ray compatible dvd player. I just installed Windows 7 and I do NOT have a media player that let's me play Blu Ray Dvds. Where can I download free software to remedy this problem?

I want the software to be free and have no idea where to go.

Thanks a lot!

Freebie Blu-Ray software and players are in this search I did.

Best regards,
erico

If you would like to say thanks, just click on the thumbs up icon. Smiley Happy

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (2,793 Views)

Thanks for the post but your answer does not help at all. I can do a search simple enough but all of those are only a free 30 day trial. I had Intervideo WinDVD - DVD Player on my cpu when I used XP and I got that free on HP's website as a download. I wanted a similar solution that provides a 100 percent free blu ray dvd driver/player that is NOT a free trial.

HELP!

Thanks!

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 4 (2,781 Views)

Media Smart DVD is the only software (now) that HP supplies to play Blu-rays.

Here is a version that works, it is not the most recent version, but it has played all my Blu-ray's so far.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49489.exe Save the file to the desk top and do not install it.

Save 7-Zip to the desk top, run the 7-Zip and restart.

http://www.7-zip.org/ Make sure to pick the correct one 32 or 64 bit.

Left click on the Media Smart install file and choose "extract files" (with 7-Zip) click on that file and find "src".

Open that and find "SetUp" (it's the 6th one from the bottom). The "SetUp" file will begin the installation of MS DVD _ hopefully.

If you are running AVG anti virus software or Commodo Fire Wall, these two applications will have to be disabled before downloading and installing MS DVD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation