Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X2 10
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

After upgrading Windows 10 the camera/webcam doesn't work. New driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There are no Win10 drivers for the camera for your device.

Instead,  there are Win8.1 drivers -- at the link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-10-x2-PC/7439381/model/7468031#Z7_3054IC...

The driver for the camera is located under Driver-Chipset, Intel Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack.  However ... this also includes the Chipset Drivers, and since these were written for Win8.1, they might not only NOT work under Win10, they might also corrupt your machine.

So, BEFORE you install them, I strongly recommend you consider doing an image backup of your current setup to an external drive using Macrium Reflect: 

Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive
3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive in only a few minutes. So, if the chipset drivers corrupt the device, you can restore Win10 quickly and easily.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There are no Win10 drivers for the camera for your device.

Instead,  there are Win8.1 drivers -- at the link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-10-x2-PC/7439381/model/7468031#Z7_3054IC...

The driver for the camera is located under Driver-Chipset, Intel Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack.  However ... this also includes the Chipset Drivers, and since these were written for Win8.1, they might not only NOT work under Win10, they might also corrupt your machine.

So, BEFORE you install them, I strongly recommend you consider doing an image backup of your current setup to an external drive using Macrium Reflect: 

Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive
3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive in only a few minutes. So, if the chipset drivers corrupt the device, you can restore Win10 quickly and easily.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

You should take the drivers from HP and for Windows 10 32bits.

In my case I resolved the problem by updating the BIOS to the last one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.