Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is:
HP 15s with Ryzen 3500U
512GB SSD

Whe i'm trying install Windows 10 [20h2] from UEFI USB it does not show the disk and I have to choose a driver:
info.jpg
Which driver  should be downloaded? There is no Nvme/SATA/ RAid drivers on support page.

It is strange, because when I'm listing disks form the same USB UEFI stick using diskpart I can see my disk:
info2.jpg
Which driver is needed by Windows 10 installer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
The solution is:
First install Windows 10 1809 [updated jan2019] from USB Uefi, GPT formatted. (it must be below 1903 )
Update BIOS and all drivers from windows update.
Then update to 20h2 using Microsoft Toolkit

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The driver file I zipped up and attached below should be the Storage controller driver you need, if that is the problem.

The NVMe driver is in the first or second folder inside the file.

HP Recommended

I've got message when I try to install these drivers "There is no new drivers. Make sure that the drivers are OK"
info5.jpg

HP Recommended

Sorry those drivers didn't work.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
The solution is:
First install Windows 10 1809 [updated jan2019] from USB Uefi, GPT formatted. (it must be below 1903 )
Update BIOS and all drivers from windows update.
Then update to 20h2 using Microsoft Toolkit
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.