Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs1065cl

Hello,

Using normal windows login via Msconfig enabled safe mode to diagnose my HP laptop. After restarting OS loaded and prompting to sign in to windows. Windows throws error message as The Password is incorrect. Try Again. [I am signin using @live.com  accountRemoved login details for PrivacyRemoved login details for Privacy]

Did reached Microsoft but no response. It seems to be bug in Windows. Right now have restarted windows in Safemode with networking. Did all troubleshooting can't sign in to windows in safe mode & exit Safe mode.

I am in Limbo.

As a result I can't use Command Prompt or any kind of safe mode options due to Windows not recognizing my login credentials.

From repair screen OS is loading windows screen.

Error Screen shot for reference.

If windows login option I can't sign in using my PIN / Password either. Please Help.

20230522_104949.jpg20230522_104933.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @barath82,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're having trouble signing into Safe Mode in Windows 10 and are unable to exit Safe Mode, there are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Check your keyboard layout: Ensure that you're using the correct keyboard layout to enter your password. Sometimes the keyboard layout can change when you're in Safe Mode, so make sure you're using the correct layout.
  • Use an alternate administrator account: If you have multiple user accounts on your computer, try signing in using a different administrator account. Sometimes the issue may be specific to your user account.
  • Reset your password: If you're unable to sign in with any account, you may need to reset your password. This can be done using a password reset disk or via the Windows installation media. Alternatively, you can try using a password recovery tool such as "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" to reset your password.
  • Check for system file errors: While in Safe Mode, you can use the System File Checker (SFC) tool to scan for and repair any corrupted system files. Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and run the command: sfc /scannow. Allow the scan to complete and follow any instructions provided.
  • Use the System Configuration tool: If you're unable to exit Safe Mode, you can try using the System Configuration tool (msconfig) to disable Safe Mode. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog, then type "msconfig" and press Enter. In the System Configuration window, go to the "Boot" tab and uncheck the "Safe boot" option. Click Apply and OK, and then restart your computer. This should boot your system into normal mode.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi @Alden4,

Thanks a lot for your time and jumping in for help. I am logging in using only one account using @live.com account. I don't use local accounts. That's the primary reason why I can't logging using other net user accounts.

During boot I can choose safe mode with networking with prompt to sign in with my password, system throws In correct password error. As a result can't proceed. Is there a way to work in Command prompt and switch to other user.

net user administrator /active:yes tried this command, was able to execute successfully.

If I allow to load windows normally i could see the login screen as specified in initial post with screenshots, tried logging in with correct @live.com password but no luck.

HP Recommended

Hi @barath82,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.