Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy m6 -1215TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot find any drivers for my laptop on HP website ever since it has been revamped.

Currently using Windows 10 latest build. However, Only options available to select on website are Windows 8 & 8.1.
Even in Win 8 and 8.1 there are no drivers available to download.  Here's the link below to prove it :-

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-m6-1200-notebook-pc-series/5330543

Please check & update the website or suggest solution.
My laptop is missing alot of drivers that i can't find or Windows update is also not helping.

Need latest BIOS setup urgently.

Regards,
Mihir Panchal

[personal information removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Pardon my sudden intrusion.

I think you should at least try the drivers for Windows 8.1 available on your computer's Software and Drivers page and run them in Compatibility Mode.

You can do that by right-clicking the driver installer in its folder. Hit Troubleshoot Compatibility and go through the steps to inform Windows that it worked on a previous version of Windows - specifically 8.1.

All the best,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mihir_vp

I am sorry you are disappointed.

There is no error -- the computer has been migrated past the supported version of the Operating System and past the supported HP Software and Driver infrastructure.

Device

HP ENVY m6-1200 Notebook PC series

This computer series was introduced early-to-mid 2013.   

The series is now (about) five years old.

Your older computer is not rated to run the latest version(s) of Windows 10:

The system is not on the "tested for Windows 10" list, nor are there any Windows 10 software or drivers listed at your computer's Software and Driver Support page.

Commentary 

Microsoft has said in the past that Windows 10 will run on multitudes of computers -- and that is true to the extent where the hardware, BIOS, and software on those computers is compatible. 

Continued success, that is, the ability to run Windows 10 on an older computer, requires that the computer be equipped with a compatible BIOS version and that software and drivers be at least moderately compatible with the changes in more recent Windows 10 versions.

In the case of a computer for which there is no longer Windows 10 compatible software available, that computer will have more and more issues trying to run the latest Windows 10 version(s).

If one of our driver Experts can offer a workable solution, please jump in.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Dear Dragon-Fur,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

No Drivers available for Windows 10 - accepted.

No drivers available at all for even Windows 8 & 8.1 which the laptop was introduced with. 
HP cannot just remove the available drivers for OS which it shipped with.

Not every one is capable enough to buy new laptops with every changing technology, provided Envy series where from top notch premium Notebook series that HP offered. 

Hope you undertsand the issue & atleast provide all the drivers for Windows 8 & 8.1 which the laptop was manufactured with during it was introduced.

Regards,
Mihir Panchal.

HP Recommended

Pardon my sudden intrusion.

I think you should at least try the drivers for Windows 8.1 available on your computer's Software and Drivers page and run them in Compatibility Mode.

You can do that by right-clicking the driver installer in its folder. Hit Troubleshoot Compatibility and go through the steps to inform Windows that it worked on a previous version of Windows - specifically 8.1.

All the best,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

@kem579

Thanks for your reply.
It worked in compatibility mode. Laptop is running very smooth now.

Much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Mihir Panchal

HP Recommended

@EddyK

Thanks for the reminder to the member to run drivers in compatibility mode.   Smiling.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.