Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an hp laptop 17-CN0XXX that current runs Linux Mint 21. I am trying to set up a dual boot and have already allocated a partition on my SSD to put Windows 10 on. But the installation process fails because despite downloading windows drivers from the HP site, the installer cannot find any "singed" drivers. Particularly for the SATA/SSD device. Where do I get the necessary drivers for this machine so that I can install Windows 10 along side Linux???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

See if this works:

Unzip the Intel storage controller driver file I attached, and copy all of the files inside both folders in that file to a USB flash drive.

Have the flash drive and your W10 installation media plugged into USB ports.

Boot from the W10 installation flash drive.

When you get to the screen where no drives can be found, click on the Load driver option, browse to the flash drive with the storage controller drivers on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Click Next, and Windows should find the drive and install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.