10-07-2013 06:09 AM
Somehow my computer is stuck in an attempting to repair loop and will not leave it, have even tried using my desktop Windows 7 disk to try a fresh install and still nothing. No system disks or instruction manual ere included in the box to offer any help
10-07-2013 07:14 AM - edited 10-07-2013 07:15 AM
Hold down the power button until the machine shuts down.
Tap away at the esc key as soon as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu. Select the Bios option ( f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory. Post back with the details of any error messages.
Note: If the option to run these tests is not available in the Bios Menu, use the f2 diagnostic menu instead.
Can you also post back with the following details.
1. The full Model No. and Product No. of your HP 2000 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information.
2. The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)