Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Accidently the data in my recovery drive is converted into a folder. Previously when I open the drive o find some information related to recovery but now it is only a folder 

. I hope that you will understand my question. Please help me get that recovery content back in my recovery drive. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Digvijay1

Sorry, but there is nothing we can do to restore your original Recovery partition -- and nothing nondestructive that you can do, either.

That partition is created and loaded at the factory when the PC is made.  The ONLY way to restore it now is to use HP Recovery Media to do a total factory reset of your PC -- and this will erase EVERYTHING from the drive.

If all you want to do is create your own Recovery Media, there is an alternative.

But we need to know which of these you want to do.

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
How to reset the laptop and create the recovery partition.
HP Recommended

OK, then as mentioned, the ONLY way to do that now is using HP Recovery Media.

IF your PC is running Win10, you should be able to order Recovery Media using this link:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.