11-27-2013 04:56 PM - edited 11-27-2013 07:57 PM
I have a Envy 4t laptop.
The warraty is already ended and during the first year after I purchased the laptop, I had sent it to the HP repair department 2 times to fix the keyboard.
However, the second time when it came back to me, it carried some new problems:
1. sound tearing with a suddent mouse freeze when I play videos or music.I tested the harddrive with HDTune and it didn't report any issue. I suppose it is a driver problem . We all know HP sucks on updating the latest drivers.
2. the machine doesn't recognize the discrete graphic card.
3. 3D smart protection doesn't recognize the hard drive.
4. the recovery manager can't find the recovery partition. This is an old issue. I told the HP to fix it the first time (and the second time) I sent it back to HP. They failed to proceed.
So here I ask: can I install a clean windows 8 to the laptop by myself? Will I find all the proper HP drivers on their website?
I have a windows copy for PC building purpose.
Here is the specifics:
Sorry for my bad English and thank you for your reply!
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)