Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP NoteBook 15 Model P7F36PA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While running an AVAST scan I suffered a Power Blackout of 80 Minutes, I think it was seeking to enhance productivity ????

However on the return of the Power and Rebooting, (appears to bypass and ask for my Password input), the Monitor Screen, (while lite Up) was unresponsive to any Input I made, although it appears to BOOT sucessfully.

When I plugged a USB in, (light within USB flashes), yet the System is still capable of displaying messages from User installed Appilication, i.e (see below) ,

i.e "Malwarebytes Data Base Out of Date " and "CCleaner, Browser Cleaned" 

yet still unresponsive to Keyboard commands. 

I am Unable to shut system down normally, as the display is unesponsive as it does not  respond to any keyboard commands .

This is a doozie, I never encountered the likes before, or anything like it. !

HELP Please as I rely on my NoteBook , as I am  a disabled pensioner and It's my main means of contact and information etc.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @Tedels

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer not responding to the keyboard strokes. Happy to help. 

Do you have any external devices connected to your computer?

Recommend you to perform a hard reset on the computer. Click here for assistance.

Turn the computer ON and keep tapping ESC key on the keyboard. 

This should bring up the Startup Menu. If you get the startup menu, select recovery manager and perform a repair on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

Also, run a System test on the computer, by selecting System Diagnostics in the Startup Menu.

Let me know if this helped.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @Tedels

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer not responding to the keyboard strokes. Happy to help. 

Do you have any external devices connected to your computer?

Recommend you to perform a hard reset on the computer. Click here for assistance.

Turn the computer ON and keep tapping ESC key on the keyboard. 

This should bring up the Startup Menu. If you get the startup menu, select recovery manager and perform a repair on the computer. Click here for assistance. 

Also, run a System test on the computer, by selecting System Diagnostics in the Startup Menu.

Let me know if this helped.

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Chimney.  Thank you for your interest and possible solution to my problem.

ill give it a go and get back to you.  

Again in thanks for your support

Ted

HP Recommended

@Tedels

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83 but he's out for the day 

And I'll be glad to help you out.

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

SOLVED

The hard reset did it..

Thanks to all those who took interest and posted solutions and/ort comments

Regards

Ted

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved. Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.