Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-ab100 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want downgrade to windows 10 to original windows 8.1 which came with my laptob and i have the partion recovery disk and the USB. But i couldn't start the application.  It says  personality test application is not trusted to run and blocked for your protection. I tried through pressing F11 and also it says the following error message File:\Boot\BCD status:0xC0000225. i googled it about problem and tried  enter F8 screen. But today's date i couldn't enter the F8 Screen. Please help me to downgrade to original hp windows version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The only disks that are going to reset your PC properly are the HP Recovery Media kit and that it a SET of DVDs (usually 3), not one disk. So, I have no idea what this "repartitioning disk" is that you mention.

Third, the Win 8.1 Upgrade is known to corrupt the HP recovery information, so once you do the Upgrade, you can't use F11 or the HP Recovery Manager to go back to Win7. Ordinarily, I would recommend using HP Recovery Media to restore your PC to its original condition. That would erase the entire drive, format the drive, and install the OS, the drivers, and the HP utilities.

Unfortunately, there is no HP Recovery Media linked to the HP Product Page for your PC. This could be an oversight by HP, or it could also mean that HP no longer stocks the recovery media for your PC. They no long stock recovery media for the older PCs. You can try contacting HP Customer Support directly, using the links below, to see if you can order if from them:

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The only disks that are going to reset your PC properly are the HP Recovery Media kit and that it a SET of DVDs (usually 3), not one disk. So, I have no idea what this "repartitioning disk" is that you mention.

Third, the Win 8.1 Upgrade is known to corrupt the HP recovery information, so once you do the Upgrade, you can't use F11 or the HP Recovery Manager to go back to Win7. Ordinarily, I would recommend using HP Recovery Media to restore your PC to its original condition. That would erase the entire drive, format the drive, and install the OS, the drivers, and the HP utilities.

Unfortunately, there is no HP Recovery Media linked to the HP Product Page for your PC. This could be an oversight by HP, or it could also mean that HP no longer stocks the recovery media for your PC. They no long stock recovery media for the older PCs. You can try contacting HP Customer Support directly, using the links below, to see if you can order if from them:

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

HP Recommended

Mr Hatanata, Your reply was very useful for me and solved my problem. I hope you have a good year. Thank you very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.