Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 K-257CA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I need more informations about Windows 10 Creator update. My laptop, HP Envy 15 k-257ca have all driver for Windows 10 anniversary update but none for the creator update. The laptop is not on the supported list for the Creator update but was there for the anniversary update. I know Microsoft support each build for Windows 10 only 18 month and afterward, no security update. I bought the laptop in 2015, does this mean that my laptop will be only good for the trash after that ? It's a very short life for a laptop... Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Heisenberg189

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The drivers from HP and windows updates are usually from the same source, the manufacturer of that specific part,

However, if you need to get the latest drivers you can always go to the manufacturer's website directly and download it from there.

You could temporarily change windows updates to manual instead of automatic so you decide what's installed and when.

So you can control a force installation and install it when you feel it's best to move on.

That said, I'll have this case record send to the T&D team to check if I can find out anything else, 

Please wait, for me to get back to you, this may take some time but this is the only alternative to our current situation as this is a brand new OS update.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Heisenberg189

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need Driver support for Windows 10 Creator update,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Do you have any specific issues after upgrading to the windows 10 creator's update?

If you do, is there a way you can reply back with the details so that we may help find the drivers or a workaround for the same?

The reason we may need workarounds is because the windows 10 creators update is new and as such we'll need to inform Microsoft about the issues that have arrived so they may release a patch or another update to fix these issues and in the meantime we can work on other ways of getting things going, that said, you can always rollback to the previous version of windows if you aren't satisfied with the creators update for the time being:

Click here for the details.

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that i may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Eagerly awaiting your response!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi, I have not installed yet the Creator update because I don't see my laptop model in the list here : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

I don't want to take a chance, I want to be sure before, but I will be forced to update soon when Microsoft will stop making security updates for the anniversary version of Windows 10. (They support each version of Windows 10 for 18 months only)

Will my laptop be supported soon for the Creator update ?

Also, I want to know if I can trust the drivers on Windows update or I am better to take those of HP.

Thanks
HP Recommended

@Heisenberg189

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The drivers from HP and windows updates are usually from the same source, the manufacturer of that specific part,

However, if you need to get the latest drivers you can always go to the manufacturer's website directly and download it from there.

You could temporarily change windows updates to manual instead of automatic so you decide what's installed and when.

So you can control a force installation and install it when you feel it's best to move on.

That said, I'll have this case record send to the T&D team to check if I can find out anything else, 

Please wait, for me to get back to you, this may take some time but this is the only alternative to our current situation as this is a brand new OS update.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.