Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Laptop died after 6 weeks. When I contact support, it asks for the model number. I input it: "15-ay041wm" Thats what the box and the laptop say. I get a reply that says "

Sorry, too many results match your search for 15-1y041wm"

So I try HP Notebook, I get the same mesaage as above except with HP Notebook" instead of "15-ay041wm"

Since no matter where i go it wants the model number and I give it, I can't get help. No chat, no nothing.

So can someone tell me how to get support?

If HP can't handle the model number of it's own computers, then I'm not very confident.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the toll free support number to call in the USA/Canada...1 800-474-6836.

Now, here is another issue you can report to HP about if you want...

You have to stay on the line and listen to the automated assistant try to talk you out of speaking to a representative...visit the HP support website...go to this support forum (which HP has no official presence at), etc.

After a minute or so, the assistant will say, if you can't connect online, stay on the line to speak to a customer services rep.

That is when you will have the opportunity to speak with a support person and report the problem and get a support case open.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Error 404: There is no content available.

When I click on the link!!

And now when I type in the model number it gives me a choice, butI get the same error message!!

For a professional computer company, I'm not impressed.

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Here is the link to the support page for your notebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862302/model/11830175/product-info

HP Recommended

When I click on the link, I get the support page just fine.

Are you using IE11?

The support pages were designed to work best with IE10 or 11.

I am not employed by nor do I represent HP.

You can submit your impressions of the company at the link below, because there is nothing I can do about how they operate.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

HP Recommended

Just in case there is someone out there, here's what happened and what I have tried so far.  Yesterday Windows 10 did an update, a long one. FYI the Computer came with Windows 10 when purchased on July 17th. Everything seemed fine. I just mention it on the offshot it might be an issue.  Today I upgraded the Itunes so that I can install IOS on my girls Iphone and Ipad.  That seemed to go fine as well.  I was working on my own Iphone on my Macbook Pro and suddenly without any warning the scren opn the HP went black.  No warning, nothing. I juggled the mouse, pressed keys on the keyoard, nothing.  Clicked on the power button, nothing.  The notebook was connected to the power cord, FYI. I unplugged the power cord, removed the battery, waited a couple of minutes, replaced the battery, tried the power button, Nothing. Plugged in the Power connector (Yes the power supply is plugged in and the outlet is live) and tried the poer switch again. Nothing. Held the power swith for about 15 seconds, nothing.  I have a dead 2 month old computer.

HP Recommended

I cant use IE because the WVindows computer doesn't work. I have to use the Macbook pro.

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

When I click on the link, I get the support page just fine.

Are you using IE11?

The support pages were designed to work best with IE10 or 11.

I am not employed by nor do I represent HP.

You can submit your impressions of the company at the link below, because there is nothing I can do about how they operate.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

HP Recommended

I can't use IE because the HP Windows computer doesn't work. I am using chrome on the Macbook Pro.

HP Recommended

Let me try another tack here. Let's assume that i only have one computer, and it goes bad and I have no way to contact HP online. What would my options be in that case? I haven't been able to find a phone number to contact support.

I just used the hp website to find a list of authorized repair partners, this is the result: "The service is currently experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later."

HP Recommended

Here is the toll free support number to call in the USA/Canada...1 800-474-6836.

Now, here is another issue you can report to HP about if you want...

You have to stay on the line and listen to the automated assistant try to talk you out of speaking to a representative...visit the HP support website...go to this support forum (which HP has no official presence at), etc.

After a minute or so, the assistant will say, if you can't connect online, stay on the line to speak to a customer services rep.

That is when you will have the opportunity to speak with a support person and report the problem and get a support case open.

HP Recommended

I guess that's what I'll have to do, I finally gott to the support for my model by using Safari. Using the trouble shooting it looks as if the power supply is defective. (If it isn't that then it's the computer). We've pretty much ruled out the battery. Then I clicked onto the link that I thought would take me to ask for a replacement power suupply, but no, input the same stuff again and then get  a screen that indicates that "some portlets are not open" It's liee pulling teeth. I now have 5 or six hours invested in just trying to get support.

Thanks for your help. I'll try the number tomorrow. I'm tenacious if nothing else. AT this point I'm ready to tell them I just want to return the whole thing for a refund.  We'll see what tomotrrow brings.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.