Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV4
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

So my computer was super laggy because its pretty old and I decided to factory Reset the computer and it worked fine and I decided to shut down the computer I manually held the shut down button and then turned it on it worked fine then on the start up screen it said if i wanted something about HP quickweb and it downloaded and then windows started normally and I decided to shut down the computer again I held the power button down and then tried to turn it on and always on start up the HP quick web pops up and after that it goes into a black screen and it doesnt go away there is no blinking lights my caps lock light is off everything has light but the caps lock i tried removing the battery and holding the power button for a minute and pluging the charger and turning it on it looks like its gonna start up because the quick web pops up and then black screen with like a dash on the very top left side is there anything I can do? is it the quick web that messed it up how can I fix this? 😞

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Edwin,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand that you are unable to boot into windows.

Please follow the steps:

1. Turn on the unit and keep tapping 10 key.
  2. You will boot into BIOS. Under file select restore defaults and restart the notebook.

If you are unable to boot into BIOS. Turn off the notebook remove battery and adapter from the notebook hold the power button for 30 seconds and put back the battery and adapter.

Turn on the notebook and check whether you are able to boot into BIOS or into windows.

After performing BIOS default try booting into windows if you are unable to boot into windows.

Reboot the notebook PC.

Press F11 to boot from the Recovery Manager.

Click next when to Welcome to Recovery Manager Displays.

Select No and then click next when Microsoft System Restore displays.

Choose the date and time when the unit was working fine and click next.

Once after the restore completes if you are still unable to boot into PC.

Go back to f11 and select system recovery.

Select the appropriate item (backup file or not) and then click Next when Recovery your computer to original factory condition displays.

Allow the system recovery to complete.

Let me know if this helps.

Have a great day!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.