Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My son uninstalled skype and some games and now my laptorp keeps freezing after couple minutes of use.  I don't have a complete backup or system disk and can't create on since it keeps hanging.  I have all my data backed up so i need to reset everything to windows 7 factory how do i do that?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

It may be wise to run a couple of hardware diagnostic tests first as follows.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

If both the above tests pass, try the following.

Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at f11 as soon as you press the power button and see if this will launch Recovery Manager.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Thanks I ran the tests and had no issues so I did a factory reset and did all the windows updates and when I was prompted to do the Java update it frozen. I can't use any internet application and had to uninstall java on the laptop and down load the java 7 off another laptop and execute it but still I can't open internet explorer or chrome... HELP
HP Recommended

Hey G62laptopsy,

I have included the two links for troubleshooting 'You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or nothing occurs after you click a link', and 'Google Chrome won't open at all'. Please work through both of these documents, and let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting.

For the java update, what is the specific message you are getting when the update fails?

Also what the full model number of your G62 notebook. I have included the document 'Guide to finding your product number', if you need it.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.