Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a HP smart adapter windows popping up on my computer continously driving me crazy, I try to close them and they keep reappearing.  Windows 7, HP laptop G60R-500.

The popups are covering my down buttons all the time.  I want them off now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there

this could be your Hp support assistant which is giving you pop ups every now and then

You can go HPSA and see whether you hav any automatic updates in HPSA

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi there

this could be your Hp support assistant which is giving you pop ups every now and then

You can go HPSA and see whether you hav any automatic updates in HPSA

HP Recommended

Thanks, it worked!  You have saved my sanity.

HP Recommended

Enjoy your self

HP Recommended

It has started popping up again, I went in to HP advisor like you said and closed the pop up forever and it worked for awhile, now it is back

HP Recommended

did you check in the Hp support assistant

HP Recommended

I don't know where to go in the HP Adviser to turn off whatever is causing this HP Smart Adapter to pop up. This is somethiing YOU should fix. I infrequently use this laptop and when I do, I don't have time to research and reconfigure to stop popup messages.

:Please give me the steps and/or links where to go and what to do to fix it. This is very annoying.

THank you.

HP Recommended

AWESOME HANDS DOWN FOR WANTING TO LOOSE A HP USER PERMANTLY, HOW IN THE HECHT DO U GET THIS IRRITATING POP-UP TO STOP. GEE FROM FORUM LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE OUT DONE URSELVES WITH PISSING AND UPSETTING PEOPLE. WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING MORE THAN RIGHT CLICK AND DELETE. THIS IS TOTALLY STUPID AND WELL OVER DONE OF A STEAK THAT'S TO BLACK TO EAT. HOW STUPID!!!!!!! YOU HP SHOULD FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF NOT FIXED A VERY DONE HP USER!

HP Recommended

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO GO TO ASSISTANT, THIS SHOULD BE FIXED BY NOW WITH ALL THESE POSTS AND WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO RIGHT CLICK AND DELETE OTHER THEN THAT HP OBVIOUS. DOESN'T READ THESE POSTS AND TAKE CARE OF IT:robotmad:

HP Recommended

how do i get this stupid ass hp smart adapter off

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.