Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Well first of all-i guess never HP again,if you out of warranty-these guys are useless and just want you to pay them,for something was already paid for.So here is my problem-i got HP DV6Z-1100SE artist edition laptop,blue-white custom body and top.It was shipped with Windows Vista on it and later was upgraded to Windows 7.Laptop came with Stardock MyColors with HP Artist Edition 2 theme for it.Month ago my HDD died,complete brick.Not a problem-i got the back up,so i bought new HDD and re-installed windows 7. Well then i got in trouble-hp.com don't have my laptop model,nothing.If run "autodetect"-it will recognize it as usual basic DV6Z-1100 laptop.Well drivers are the same so i got this part up and running.But then i tried to make my Windows 7 look like it used to be-with the HP Artist Edition 2 Theme.And here the problem-i can't find it,i can't download it,Found 2-3 old treads here about "back-up your theme".Then i used my advanced googling skills and got the software back-Stardock MyColors app.I was able to find 3 or 4 themes such as "Vivienne Tamm edition" and 'Tord Boontje edition",but i want MY BLUE AND WHITE HP THEME!!!!Well-i guess this is the time to call HP,right?**bleep**-wrong answer.The guy didn't even get what i'm talking about and tried to sell me extended support program and charge me 99$ for this,of if i don't want to pay to go to HP.com and donwload it.Loop...I already paid for this limited edition laptop,i paid extra for internal and external ART!So if someone can point me for HP Software Package with Stardock My Colors HP Artist Edition 2,or if there is an owner of the same laptop-can you e-mail me the theme file.Any help is higly apperciated.I hope i can get it,otherwise this laptop will be the last HP product i got.Even Dell who is known for terrible customer serivce can at least maintain their web-site with the right product downloads.Thanks a lot in advance,I really hope i will restore the original look of my laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This whole community deal is as useless as HP tech support.I got the theme recovered from old back up (lucky me).HP-never again.Laptop goes for sale,don't want to deal with this thing again.If someone looks for the theme-leave your e-mail,i will send it to you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Or at least someone can give me the name of the original file installer for this theme.
I know that Tord Boontje is SP45769
Vivienne Tamm is SP50801
Beats edition is SP53195
HP Artist Edition 2 is -????
HP Recommended

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer, inside the battery compartment or on the startup BIOS screen. Please see How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more assistance locating this information. DO NOT include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.

hp label.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion DV6 Artist Edition

Model # DV6Z-1100SE

P/N  NT592AV

HP Support web site will recognize it as this model

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=3873779&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&task=

But mine is artist edition,look exact same like this one-

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?product=3979400&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r100...

HP Recommended

I contacted Stardock-the send me back to HP.HP is useless so far...Really nice,i paid ~350$ extra for artist edition,and now they want me to pay more to get the stuff i already paid for.

HP Recommended

This whole community deal is as useless as HP tech support.I got the theme recovered from old back up (lucky me).HP-never again.Laptop goes for sale,don't want to deal with this thing again.If someone looks for the theme-leave your e-mail,i will send it to you.

HP Recommended

If you know the SP number of the download, would make it much easier to find a way to help you....like my dre theme, sp53195 from the hard drive I had originally for one of my hp envy 17s that the hard drive took a dump, yet was able to find out what I was looking for by reconnecting the bad hard drive as an external usb one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.