Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Folio G1 1040
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

"Get Windows 10" download has informed me that I will need to uninstall HP Client Security Manager in order to get the Windows 10 download.

The encryption and other safety features on my laptop are of primary importance to me and my firm.

Is HP going to provide a new updated version of the software to be compatible with Windows 10?

If so how and when will it be made available?

46 REPLIES 46
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum.

No one here can answer questions such as yours (any questions directed to HP).

I would see if the latest Client Security Manager software will work with W10.

Install this and see if it passes muster with the Windows 10 advisor.

This version is still valid for W7, so you can try it now.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_148454_1

This is an even newer version, but it is only good for W8.1.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_149745_1

It is highly doubtful that HP will be releasing any drivers or software for W10 until after it is officially introduced to the public.

That has been their usual method of releasing drivers and software when new operating systems come out.

HP Recommended

Many thanks, I'll give it a try.

Would I need to uninstall my current software before using this?

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I am not familar with how the CSM software functions, whether a newer version will overwrite the existing version, ask you to uninstall the current version first, or what.

It's a hard call to make.

The instructions do not mention any previous versions having to be uninstalled first.

HP Recommended

Product Name:  ProBook 450 G2

Working on this incompatibility issue too - right now I've upgraded to latest Client Security Manager 8.3.10.1981 but Windows 10 still rejects upgrade.

So now I'm getting ready to uninstall HP CSM once drive unencryption is completed. 

Started unencrypting last night but power options put it to sleep so if you're going to decrypt, do this:

Start...Power Options.
Click Change Plan Settings next to currently active plan (usually HP Optimized)

Set Put the Computer to sleep to Never under Plugged in.

Click Change Advanced Power Settings
Expand Hard Disk
Expand Turn off hard disk
Changed Plugged in: to never

**Plan: decrypt drive, use Revo uninstaller to uninstall HP CSM and dependances, retry upgrade.  Will report back.

HP Recommended

Oh it's just pants.

I decrypted, uninstalled ALL the associated programs to uninstall the client security, downloaded and installed Win10 and then reinstalled all the software the nice man on the support desk said would get my laptop running as it did on Win7. He's full of it, it didn't at all. Didn't recognise my fingerprint reader, didn't recognise and load the software properly: spent last 2 hrs reinstalling my old Win7 system and reinstalling all the software to get my security back; currently re-rencrypting HD. Avoid.

HP Recommended

I had a better experience, so I thought I'd share it case it helps anyone.

During Windows 10 install, I was made to uninstall Client Security Manager. As others have described, this means tediously uninstalling the dependencies first, Drive Encryption and Theft Protection. I use Bitlocker for drive encryption so that made it a lot easier.

After Windows 10 was finished installing, reinstalling CSM did not work, it only attempted reinstall some runtimes for VB. So I found the installation folder (SP61498) and navigated to the subfolder for my architecture (x64). Then I right-clicked on Setup.exe and clicked "troubleshoot compatiblity". This took me through a wizard I havent' used before, ending with two options. The first was to test running the program with the recommended compatiblity settings, which were for Windows 8.

I went with this option, then the install began, finished and now I have my fingerprint login back, plus all the other junk in CSM.

HP Recommended

Thanks for that.

Very handy to know the correct download folder and the method to use.

I might give it a try at some point but at the moment I'm just grateful to have my original Win7 system up and running again.

Many thanks for your post, much appreciated - I expect others will find it very useful : HP Support would be a good start.

HP Recommended

Surprisingly a revised plan worked:

1. Update to latest CSM

2. Unencrypt the drive (2 days)

3. Upgrade to Windows 10

Just got it started re-encrypting the drive so it really looks like everyone is going to have a different experience?

LetsplayWindows10

HP Recommended

so u just update the csm and then the w10 just went on without failing?

i have a bunch of failed w10pro attempts and now i have uninstalled all that stuff.

currently the media creation tool is running so i'll find out what options i'll get there.

of course by uninstalling all that hp software i lost the usage of the fingerprints reader.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.