Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks!

Just to follow up...the BIOS update you recommended was for a Microsoft Windows 11 version 21H2 (64-bit).

My PC runs Microsoft Windows 11 version 22H2 (64-bit). So technically, I should have the F.71 Rev. version, according to the HP Web detection.

But, the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows 2.1 app on the PC recommended F.15, and now I am running BIOS Version Insyde F.11, 10/20/2022.

Anyway, I called HP, as you recommended. They had me hold the WINDOWS button and B and and POWER button (detailed instructions here) to do a recover and update on the BIOS. The PC is still running the Insyde F.11.

He said after a week if the problem persists to do a Windows OS reset.

And if that does not work, then HP can repair it for free until the warranty expires.

I'll keep writing in this forum in case anyone with the same problem is curious how it all ends.

HP Recommended

Hello @POCPC 

The <HP> software repository is messed up and shows different bios versions for Windows 10 and 11. This makes no sense, since the bios is operating system independent ! I don't understand what a Windows reset recommended by HP is supposed to do.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hi there again!

So, It's crashed three more times in the last three days, but I think I isolated the problem and would appreciate your advice...

I think it has something to do with the audio device driver. Look at this:

Screenshot_20230131_110722.png

Today when it crashed I was listening to a video. Yesterday, I had a job interview on Teams and it crashed. And the day before that, a youtube video. It's crashed before as it's streamed radio or Spotify.

I clicked on the Windows Audio Device Graph problem and it leads it shows this:

Screenshot_20230131_111139.png

I googled 'audiodg.exe crash' and can't find a direct solution, only to update or reinstall the audio drivers. These are the drivers on the PC:

Screenshot_20230131_111343.png

I click on all three and it says they're updated.

I'm thinking of uninstalling/updating the drivers but there are many choices!

Screenshot_20230131_111619.png

So what do you recommend? Or am I looking at the wrong place for the drivers? Or is there another problem/solution?

Thanks again for your time!!!

HP Recommended

Hello @POCPC 

(1) Download and install / update

Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver

6.0.9301.1 Rev.E197.2 MBFeb 24, 2022Download

NVIDIA Graphics Driver

30.0.14.9733 Rev.E1052.8 MBFeb 24, 2022Download

(2Download, install and update your system using Intel DSA

Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel DSA)

"The Intel Driver & Support Assistant keeps your system up-to-date by providing tailored support and hassle-free updates for most of your Intel hardware."

(3Restart Windows

(4Test your notebook

(5Please report back

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the tips, ub6424!

I did as you suggested. Will test the PC for a week, use as normal and see how it goes. Will report soon....

Just curious, do you recommend I download these 3 software updates from the Intel DSA? I notice the first update might be related to the NVIDIA Graphics Driver you recommended I install...

Screenshot_20230131_214342.png

HP Recommended

Hello @POCPC 

@POCPC wrote:

Thanks so much for the tips, ub6424!

I did as you suggested. Will test the PC for a week, use as normal and see how it goes. Will report soon....

Just curious, do you recommend I download these 3 software updates from the Intel DSA? I notice the first update might be related to the NVIDIA Graphics Driver you recommended I install...

Please click "Download all" to install all 3 software updates from the Intel DSA.

ub6424_0-1675208898541.png

Kind regards

HP Recommended

You are awesome! I've been running the PC for over a week as I usually do. No hiccups so far....hopefully not jinxing it by writing this....

Anyway, thanks so much for your time and helping me solve the problem!!! Very grateful!!!!

(^O^)/

HP Recommended

Hello @POCPC 

The pleasure is mine !

Create Windows system <restore point> to save the current stable state !

How to Create a System Restore Point on Windows 10 or Windows 11

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.