03-10-2012 04:02 PM
HELP! I think my daughter got a virus on her laptop that she uses for school. she can no longer boot up. when she turns the laptop on, all she gets is a rainbow of colors flashing across her screen. First completely red for a second, then blue, then yellow and on and on. it will eventually go grey. i'm not sure what she did with the boot up disk. i'm wondering if there is some other program that i can put onto a thumb drive and run that to get it to boot.
any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
03-10-2012 05:53 PM
Sounds pretty bad if that is a virus. Sounds more like a major hardware malfunction to me.
You can try downloading and runnng the free Kapersky Rescue Disk to see if that will remove the virus.
You burn this file to a disk and boot from it. You don't have to be in Windows for the program to run.
Just read all the instructions on the link.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)