Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELP !!

Of course my laptop has drama's when it's just out of warranty. Last night I was doing a word doc - and it just froze so I turned it off and when it loaded - it had a BLUE SCREEN and said:

RECOVERY

Your PC/Device needs to be repairded - I dont know why/what/how - BUT I was lucky that I did request the disc for System Recovery.

I did the 4 disc - was all working - did all the updates ect.

Today {Saturday 15th October 2016)

Working on a word doc - next mintue the screen started going Grey with some lines ect

Iv turned it off - took at battery out- turn back on - it Power's up BUT the screen is still copmplety Grey- Now has virticle lines.

Iv tried tapping the f10- screen same- and it BEEPS at me !!

f2- screen is the same

I have Videos and Pictures

Please Help- I cant afford a new laptop

HP Pavilion 15

Product No: P3C83PA

Edition: Windows 10 Home

System: 64-bit

Kind Regards
Sonia McMahon
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

SoniaM

I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't ...

Sounds like your screen has gone out, at least, while it is running Windows.

About all you can do is this point is try to run some built-in diagnostics -- and since the PC does not run Windows for those, I'm hoping the display will work.

Turn off your laptop, reboot and keep pressing F2 until you get a menu on screen or it starts beeping.

When the menu comes up, choose the option to run diagnostics -- and report back what happens after that.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

SoniaM

I wish I had good news for you -- but I don't ...

Sounds like your screen has gone out, at least, while it is running Windows.

About all you can do is this point is try to run some built-in diagnostics -- and since the PC does not run Windows for those, I'm hoping the display will work.

Turn off your laptop, reboot and keep pressing F2 until you get a menu on screen or it starts beeping.

When the menu comes up, choose the option to run diagnostics -- and report back what happens after that.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.