Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the last two years now my laptop has been flashing the low battery warning then shutting off regardless if its plugged in or has a full charge. I replaced the battery and the AC power cord because I thought that was the issue but it still flashes the low battery warning and shuts off. At first thought, this only happened if I was on the laptop for more than an hour at a time, so I tried to limit my use but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I have tried to keep the laptop lifted with good airflow because I thought maybe it was getting too warm, but that hasn't worked either. I keep it plugged in because it's just easier that way when it shuts off, I can just restart it. I also want to note that when it does shut off and I turn it back on its like the computer just went to sleep, all my pages are still up just the way they were before it shut down. Any idea what is going on with this thing?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Maybe try re-calibrating the battery (charging to 100% then discharging to 0% then recharging) or try HP Support Assistant's battery diagnostic and see if this works.

Thanks, Dakota Bailey
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.