Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My good HP laptop was destroyed so for now I'm on an old refurbished HP Probook 6550b. 
I went to the store today, picked up a webcam and decided to make a gaming video with a new game I got on steam, all goes well, until I try to publish the video. 

I'm using Windows Movie Maker, but once I'm done editing the video, and try to save it, the laptop starts overheating like crazy and suddenly shuts off, making me lose all of my progress and stops saving the video file. 
This used to never happen (and it never happened on my good HP laptop), so I don't know why it's happening now. 
This has happened 3 times now, so I thought I may as well ask here before trying again. What should I do? 
I can't afford to get a new laptop, or a new fan or anything just yet. 

Tried using Windows Live Movie Maker and Movie Maker 6.0. 
The video is 22 minutes long.
I've tried closing all other applications while trying to publish the video.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Rendering video needs BOTH CPU and GPU  power and when they work hard they will generate heat more heat and more heat. Closing other applications won't help.

You need a better machine to work on videos (even just playing FHD videos).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Makes sense, luckily on the third try with movie maker 6.0 the thing rendered. XD 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.