Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Stream Laptop

Identified Palmrest / Keyboard damaged through water  damage . Require information on a recognised HP repaier in the UK who can perform repair.

HP website Not helpful in finding Service agents for Laptop sold by third party 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JLAVER,

Greetings! Let me take a moment to thank you for posting the question in the HP community. read the post about liquid spillage on the computer. I will be glad to assist you here. Splendid description of the issue. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

You need to contact Hp phone support to get the computer repaired.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: 

1. Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

if the cost of repair is almost the cost of buying a new computer, then contact HP shopping via this link: http://hp.care/2rQLe1b  and follow the on-screen instructions to buy a new computer after selecting the country. You might be able to locate a phone number to call. I am being honest with you without beating around the bush.

You would get a year's hardware warranty and peace of mind. You could look at numerous options based on your requirements and budget.

If the computer is more than 3 years old then service options with HP are no longer available because the original suppliers and manufacturers who manufacture and supply the parts to HP to build and service the computer don't do so anymore.

Please contact a local technician to get the product repaired.

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Previous Message addressed by HP support agent Jeet_Singh.

i followed your instructions concerning contacting you team to gain help and support for water damaged laptop.

when i entered the serial number the response stated the purchase of this laptop was from a third party and the serial number was not recognised.

i was not allowed to fill in web form to gain a important Case number and telephone number.

Appreciate your review and additional advice and help .

Many Thanks

John Laver

HP Recommended

@JLAVER,

Thank you for replying,

As I see that you are having issues contacting our HP phone support. Don't worry I'm going to help you find the number.

Please send me the country/region you are contacting us from via a private message, And I shall help you with the information.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Good morning.
Hope you are well.
My country of origin is the UK.
You have my Email address for any private correspondence.

Thank you

John Laver
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.