Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Elitebook 840 G6 with Windows 10 Pro. I have on the system HP Sure Run, Windows Security, HP Wolf Security, and Webroot. The system periodically is shutting down every few hours. When I turn it on it gives me the following message. "HP Sure Run has failed to restore the platform software to a good working state. Please select an option below or press ESC to ignore this warning and continue to boot normally."

Reinstall OS

Deactivate HP Sure Run

Suspend HP Sure Run until reboot

ESC - Continue to boot normally

It does not appear to be negatively impacting my excel spreadsheets or email, which is running when this happens. How do I fix this problem. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I failed to mention when this happens I just hit ESC and the system just boots up. And it does not seem to impact my files. I have not tried any of the other options offered as I'm not technical enough to know what I'm doing. The system has been turning itself off every hour or so. It's a real pain to keep turning it on and go thru the process, especially not knowing if any other damage is being done. Any help would be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.