Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

it told me the hard disk was full then kicked me off! Do I need to take my laptop somewhere to be looked at. It did this before i shut it off and let it stay off for a month turned it back on and it worked fine...what is going on. did i do something wrong

HP Recommended

My computer is doing the same thing so I did what you recommended here and when I did a box popped up that said Hard Disc 1 [303] 

What does this mean?

HP Recommended

my laptop wont go past the  windows scree ... HP elitebook 6930p ... ran test form diagnostic  --> test 1 (quick) .... error: read failurError: Read failure 

HP Recommended
Im starting the primary hard disk self test on the BIOS screen, but it doesnt do anything, it says: Short test executing 00% complete. Below it says: estimated test time unknown, and it doesnt change after that
HP Recommended

My HP G42 laptop on booting doesn't go past the initial HP page. But when I take the battery out, hold down the power button and then reinsert the battery, it runs smoothly. But I have to do this procedure every time I have to open the laptop. What could be the reason and the solution?

In addition, if I leave it open or long a black screen appears and I have no other option but to shut the laptop down. :Crying:

HP Recommended
I got into the F10 diagnostics page and am running the scan on the primary hard disk. Can you please advise what the next steps are? Thanks!
(I should note, my laptop is a different model number to the above notebook- pavilion dv6)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.