Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 6570b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had window 10. And goes to dual boot with kali linux 2017. I had delete some disk partition of 549 mb while installation of kali linux. And also failed to install linux due to netowork error. Now i cant boot with windows. There is message "boot device not found" "please install an operating system on your  hard disk" "Hard disk - 3F0" . I need to start with windows without loosing my data in windows.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Sandun_leoch_45 

Welcome !

It is a bit hard to guide you remotely on this because I don't know exactly what you have done on the partitions but this guide should help you >> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-perform-a-...

Basically, it guides you how to create your own Windows installation drive and how to perform Custom installation without deleting your existing partitions. You can (re)install Windows over your existing Windows and this will not cause any data loss.

This should do the trick. Hope it helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.