Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP x360 (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When ever I turn on my laptop it goes to the HP logo and it doesn't load at all then the screen turns black and restart at the HP logo again. I don't know that to do.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tinysmith_95 wrote:
When ever I turn on my laptop it goes to the HP logo and it doesn't load at all then the screen turns black and restart at the HP logo again. I don't know that to do.

Hi,

Do you remember something about windows update before the problem started?

Theres a high possibility that your hard drive could be corrupted as of the moment but were not sure.

Ill be sending you some stuff that could help you out

Method 1: Run a diagnostic test

Turn off your computer completely by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 secs

Turn it back on by pressing the power button once then immediately tap away ESC in order to pull up Start Menu

Press F2 to access Diagnostics

Select Component test>Quick test>Run Once

Then wait of the diagnostic will give you a failure id code

-If it does then you need to replace the hard drive

Method 2: Perform Hard reset

Turn off your computer completely by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 secs

Unplug the charger

Remove the battery (For removable batteries)

If the computer has a sealed battery just skip the battery removal

Press and hold the power button for 30 secs then release it (Without the charger)

Plug the charger back in then start your computer

Method 3: Perform CBR (Crisis Bios Recovery)

While the computer is off Press and hold down Windows button+B button then press Power button for 3 seconds.

After 3 seconds release the power button but dont release the Windows+B and wait for 10-15 secs before releasing Windows+B

Your computer screen should flicker a couple of times if initiated properly JUST WAIT FOR IT. Please let us know about the progress

Regards

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.